Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Visitor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: orange uk

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

Same Problem

I've tried a battery pull, dowlading through a usb connecton and from blackberry on the phones connection, It tells me that there is a copy of the latest update and asks if i want to replace it with the same version. nothing seems to work. A friend of mine did his upgrade the same time and his icon is still visable. confusing both got bold 9700 on orange UK

I'll keep coming back to see if anyone has cracked this enigmaMan Indifferent

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9520
My Carrier: t-mobile

same here tried everything even restoring to olde date and it was still gone.

my details are:-

blackberry 9520 storm 2

V5.0.0.436 (platform 4.2.0.189)

t-mobile uk

im surprised that only one person got it to work and the rest of us havent? im intrigued!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

steph1976pink wrote:

im surprised that only one person got it to work and the rest of us havent? im intrigued!!

Hello,

Actually not surprising IMHO...those for whom it worked correctly have no need to seek out this thread and post anything...so we can expect to see almost all "failure" posts and almost zero "success" posts.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: storm 9520
My Carrier: t-mobile

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me...! i was only saying that there seems to be some that are ok and other failed im  just trying to figure out why??

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.591
My Carrier: Verizon

Doesn't seem puzzling to me at all. If this had worked for you, would you have come visited the App World support forum? Not unless something ELSE was wrong, right? Smiley Happy

So for people with whom it worked, they're simply not coming to these forums. Those of us who are, it is because we're looking for help.

The guy who replied to say it worked is a forum guru, means he's a volunteer who posts here all the time. I'd say he noticed the thread as a matter of course, is all.

I have absolutely no way to predict the success to failure ratio, but I have to think that if this simply did not work on any BlackBerry, with any OS at all, that RIM would've pulled the download by now. The fact that it's still there is evidence that it's failing in only a lesser percentage of cases.

It's just that you and I are caught up in it. And WE feel each other's pain. Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Further, I am quite confident that RIM will take a look at this. Hopefully, that's already in process -- but it is the weekend now so I don't expect anything to change before the new week starts. Thanks to all who have been posting the particulars I requested...that is going to help RIM quite a lot in their investigation as to what is going on.

We also would really like everyone who is having the problem to post here in this thread. One thing that all businesses must do is evaluate the level of impact something has -- if it's trivial (e.g., 5 cases out of millions of users), they might not devote much resourcing to the issue. If, on the other hand, the quantity is larger (e.g., hundreds, thousands, etc.), then they might be more willing to expedite the matter. So, for anyone coming across this thread, if you haven't posted your particulars and you are having the identical issue, please do post those.

TIA!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-mobile

Also having the same issue.  I have a blackberry bold 9700 with t-mobile.  I've tried deleting the app world and reinstalling and doing a battery pull but nothing works.  How could RIM possibly allow a new release of software with such inadequate testing.  Someone should  be fired.

Does anyone know how to get and install the old version of app world?

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem.

1. Uninstalled BB Appworld.

2. Did battery pull and rebooted phone.

3. Reinstalled BB Appworld.

4. Did another battery pull rebooted phone.

...still can't find BB Appworld Icon anywhere. 

Phone Details: BlackBerry Bold 9700, v5.0.0.351

Provider: Rogers Wireless

Dear BlackBerry Tech Support,

Please fix this asap. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Carrier: o2

Hi,

Blackberry Bold 9700 on o2. Have tried all the remedies but still not seeing the icon. Hopefully there'll be an answer soon!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Im having exactly the same issue as well. Tried speaking to RIM but of course they want to charge you $49.99 for the privilege first!!

Bold 9700 v5.0.0.593 (Platform 5.1.0.147)

O2 UK

Hopeully RIM will have someone on the issue first thing on Monday!