Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified

Problem generating the License key

Bought an app, you charged my paypal account. It won't let me install and won't let me try to buy it again. I log in on the My World page or whatever it is called and I get

"There was a problem generating the License key for QuickLaunch. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact App World Support."

New Contributor

Re: Problem generating the License key

I have the same issue. is there a fix yet?

I am also having this issue with the RepliGo Reader...$20 down the drain...
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

According to another thread, there have been a few problems with this.  There should be a support link or email address associated with the application.  Just send the developer a message explaining the problem (usually including your PIN number) and they will be able to manually generate an activation code for you.

I hope that works for you all!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I tried to contact the developer and RIM and neither one has responded.

$7 down the drain! Will NEVER use Blackberry App World again!!!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You have to give it time.  Some of these developers have regular full-time jobs and they may need more than a few hours to get back to you.  Most developers state to give them up to 72 hours to reply.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I tried to buy the app Sunday evening (April 5th) and got the license key issue and sent

an email to the developer and RIM that night. RIM has an email address on my Paypal

receipt so I figured that would be answered somewhat promptly but it hasn't.

I understand the developers being somewhat slow but RIM not answering my email

after launching this service and taking my money is kind of hard for me to swallow.

New Contributor

I e-mailed the developer directly and got a response in a few hours.  He generated me a key and gave me an OTA link. workd great.
New Contributor

Hopefully I'll hear back from someone. I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but I've always

had good experiences with buying apps online so this is really frustrating me to no end.

Glad to hear the developer worked it out for you. I hope RIM steps in and resolves some of

these issues as well...

Can you post the blackberry email address up here?  I want to write to them as well - had the same problem.  They paypal integration is clearly a blackberry issue, not a developer issue and i think it's outrageous that they do not offer an email address for queries about payments