Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Question about Blackberry App World

This Question is for a Person for the Blackberry App world department.

WHEN is the Blackberry App world going to be launched in the United Arab Emirates, UAE as I am not able to install any good applications and I just received by Playbook a day back and not able to find applications for it I think there will be other people who are also waiting for the App world to be launched it the UAE as it is taking a lot of time from Blackberry to launch a service for its users making the users unhappy and please let me know where can I find Application for my Storm2 and Playbook.

And do let me know how to install them also on Playbook.

Regards,

Nabeel

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Question about Blackberry App World

Hello!

Please do realize that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not (for your BB) your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try:

• AppWorld in selected countries

• MobiHand everywhere in the world

• Handango everywhere in the world

• BPlay everywhere in the world

• GetJAR everywhere in the world

I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself. Sadly, since the PlayBook is totally new, I've no idea if those sites have any PB apps or not as of yet.

Lastly, do understand that RIM does not have unilateral control over the availability of AppWorld. Rather, a triad of entities must agree -- RIM, the wireless service provider, and the government. As the primary for-profit entity in that triad, I've always suspected that RIM is not the one who would be impeding the process. It might help you if you escalate with your wireless service provider and/or determine if the government is in any way blocking the process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply sdgardne but I used one of the sites but how do I install a Application in Playbook as there is no setup feature when using Playbook with BlackBerry Desktop Software and if I use the Playbook browser how will I install as it does not work too. So please let me know how too do it or where can I find the answer.

Regards,

Nabeel

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

As I said above, since the PB is so new, I've no idea if there are yet other sources of apps. I don't have a PB in my hands (yet) and therefore have no guidance for you beyond what is above. Hopefully someone will come along who does.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code