Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Recent FaceBook Problem

I have used FaceBook on my BlackBerry Bold 9700 since I got it in January.  When I would click on the icon, it would just stream in my current page.  Recently I began to have problems with it.  I would get a message that there was a problem connecting with FaceBook...I tried everything...taking out my battery, clearing my cache, etc....to no avail.  I then deleted it and re-installed it.  Now, when I click on the icon, I am required to enter my login information (e-mail and password) and even then I'm not able to get there.  I get 2 different messages: 1 like before) there was a problem connecting with FaceBook, and 2) my session has expired and I have to login again...which is what I am trying to do at the time anyway!!!   Very frustrating.  Has anyone else had this happen and/or does anyone know how to fix it??  Thanks in advance for your help!!!!Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: Recent FaceBook Problem

The actual messages are: 1) "There was a problem while communicating with Facebook" and a close icon, and 2) "Your login session has expired, please login again" and a close icon.

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

I have the same issues with my BB Pearl. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

It's been happening to lots of users of the Facebook app. Have a look at this page:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2254487659&topic=16476#topic_top 

They have someone answering questions, so post it in there and you should be on your way. 

Cheers! 

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100

macska wrote:

It's been happening to lots of users of the Facebook app. Have a look at this page:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2254487659&topic=16476#topic_top 

They have someone answering questions, so post it in there and you should be on your way. 

Cheers! 

Thanks a lot, macska!

New Contributor

Thanks for your input macska!  Will check it out!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I use a 9700 too. Could you get access to your Facebook Account from a Laptop connected to the Internet and Login again or Change your Facebook Password, perhaps someone tried to access it, then later try logging into your facebook Account on your BB. Just try it. That is how I have been getting around some of my Social Networking Accounts' Reconciliation after I change my handheld from 8707v to 9700.