Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Verizon

SCAM?

Just reporting what  i believe may be a scam using  BB trademark. Got this in my inbox and it prompted me to register with said email.

donotreply@blackberry.com to me
show details 1:24 AM (10 hours ago)

Congratulations mayavanata,
A BlackBerry® ID with this email address has been successfully created.
BlackBerry® ID makes managing your BlackBerry® services easier. Learn more about your BlackBerry® ID by visiting: www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
If you did not create or do not recognize this account, please click here to delete this BlackBerry ID. ---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: SCAM?

That's not a scam.  Did you create a BlackBerry ID in AppWorld?  That's what that is from.  If you didn't create one, someone did with your email. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: don't have one
My Carrier: tmo

Just got this email from donotreply@blackberry.com, I don't own a blackberry and have no need to create an account.  Scam or orginator punched in wrong email at signup?  It doesn't even have a reply to name.

تم إنشاء BlackBerry® ID الخاص بك

Hello,

You've created a BlackBerry ID!

To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address.

This link will expire in 72 hours.

BlackBerry® ID هو مفتاح BlackBerry العالمي. إليك ما يقدمه:

• تسجيل الدخول مرة واحدة للوصول إلى تطبيقات BlackBerry وخدماته والمواقع الإلكترونية.
  • نقل تلقائي لبعض حسابات البريد الإلكتروني والخدمات عند تبديل الهواتف الذكية
  • وصول تام إلى الميزات كافة في محل ™BlackBerry® World التجاري.
  • حماية الصفقات المالية من خلال خدمات BlackBerry.

معرفة المزيد حول BlackBerry ID

فريق BlackBerry

إذا لم تقم بإنشاء هذا الحساب أو لم تتعرف إليه، فاحذف BlackBerry ID.

هذه رسالة خدمة تم إرسالها من قبل Research In Motion Limited ("RIM") أو بالنيابة عنها.

تتمتع RIM بسياسة متينة لحماية خصوصية العملاء. يرجى تكريس بعض الوقت لقراءة سياسة خصوصية RIM.

© 2013 Research In Motion Limited, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3W8. جميع الحقوق محفوظة. إن BlackBerry®، و RIM®، و Research In Motion® والعلامات التجارية والأسماء والشعارات ذات الصلة هي ملك RIM وهي مسجلة و/أو مستخدمة في الولايات المتحدة وفي بلدان أخرى حول العالم.

My Device: don't have one
My Carrier: tmo

PS. There was no atatchment to the email, just a link that goes to:

blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbidportal/confirmemail?css=bXA=&locale=YXI%3D&key=aG96ckBob3RtYWlsLmNvbTpZRktBVUlBT1VRWklGUERHVFFPU1RKTkJLRUFUSE1ZSUxFWjoxNDAxODgyOTk1OTQz&realm=https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/authzservice&rpid=f1c1078889a9461d94e84918d08107ea8995cad39dba4a...

I took off the beginning https:// so folks won't click on it in case it's malware.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's not a scam. Someone created a BlackBerry ID using your email address. I think that email contains a link to delete the BBID but since it's in another language I'm not sure which link it is. Let me see if I can find out for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I

Here is an example of the same email in English (I removed the actual links since they contain my personal account info.)   The bottom link will delete the newly created BBID.  If you hover over the delete link you may be able to view the URL at the bottom and it should look something like this:

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbidportal/deactivate?accountid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You can also copy the link location and paste it into your browser before clicking on it to make sure it looks like that. 

Your BlackBerry® IDhas been created!

Hello,

You've created a BlackBerry ID!

To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address.

This link will expire in 72 hours.

BlackBerry® ID is your universal BlackBerry key. Here's what it offers:

• One sign in for all BlackBerry applications, services, and websites.
  • Automatic transfer of some email accounts and services when you switch smartphones.
  • Full access to all features in BlackBerry® World™ storefront.
  • Protection of financial transactions using BlackBerry services.

Learn more about BlackBerry ID

The BlackBerry Team

If you did not create or do not recognize this account, delete this BlackBerry ID.

Guru I

So, I went ahead and clicked on the delete link in the email you posted. The site was in Arabic but I figured it out and deleted the BlackBerry ID.

Here's what it said when I was done:

اكتمل طلبك لحذف BlackBerry® ID.

Translated in Google Translate it says "Completed your request to delete."

Hope this helps.
Guru I

When I click that link now it says:

اكتمل طلبك لحذف BlackBerry® ID.

Which means "This account has been deleted in advance."

So, I'm certain it's deleted. Post back if you end up getting another one.