Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Flip 8220
My Carrier: Unlocked

So why cant i install apps?

So i dont have a dataplan on my blackberry yet nor do i have acces to wifi atm. So how do i install apps? Cause going through Explorer and doing it sure dont work. It says it finds my phone but thats it, nothing else happens.

So are the only way to isntall apps on your blackberry through a data conection? I prefer downloading the apps directley on my computer and doing it that way and if blackberry dont support that i might acctualy reconsider this buy and go to another OS insteed. Cause i have yet to find any place where you can download the app directley to the computer not using ActiveX through explorer and well that option is fail for me.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: So why cant i install apps?

to install applications using AppWorld, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan indeed.

but you can install applications at other shops, like MobiHand, Handango, GetJAR, BPlay... they provide a way of installing applications by downloading a file on your desktop PC and install them on your device through the Desktop Manager.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: