Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: Tout 9630
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

(Solution) Yahoo messenger log in problem invalid username/password

Yahoo messenger log in problem invalid username/password.

Hello every one, I have had the problem of logging into my yahoo messenger on my blackberry for the past 3 months.  I checked all the forums on line but to no avail.

This was the problem, I could not sign in, it tells me invalid username/password. I reinstalled the app so many times. I changed my password as well to see if it was a problem with my cached password that that was not updated on the phone.

I could sign in on my phone into yahoo messenger with other apps and on my desktop but not on the yahoo messenger app. I could sign in with other yahoo id’s but not mine. Black berry tech support asked me to format my phone and reinstall the OS, still that did not work. On line I saw lots of people had the same problem as me.

This was the solution to the problem.

1.       Log into your yahoo mail via a computer.

2.       Top left of the page under your email address on the drop down menu go to account info page.

3.       On the account information page under the heading “sign in and security” click on “manage apps and website connections”

4.       This page shows the websites and applications that you have authorized to access your Yahoo! Account. Delete all of them, they would be recreated once your log into yahoo via your portable devices or apps etc. possible there were multiple entries and some conflict.

5.       Now try and log into your yahoo messenger via your blackberry using the yahoo app messenger.

6.        This worked for me like a charm.( most people think you always get the password wrong that’s why we could not log in.)

Kind regards

Feeldennis

Ps. If this was useful, kindly give me a kudos and leave a reply.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Gibtelecom

Re: (Solution) Yahoo messenger log in problem invalid username/password

Hi, did exactly what you recommended but still getting the same message of invalid username or password on my bb 9700. Do you have any other solutions? Thanks in advance. P
Contributor
My Device: Tout 9630

Try loging in with another yahoo ID on your blackberry. This will determine if the application has a problem or it is your ID with the problem.
New Contributor

Thanks again for your help. Tried it again with the new yahoo ID and all worked well. re-tried to log in on the pc with my "faulty" and all worked fine. Tried again on BB and still the same message. Re-checked the yahoo account and still no "Currently, you have no app or website connections".... not sure what to do now as all yahoo IM contacts are on the one i cannot log into :smileywink: Thanks for your ideas.... best, Piotr.
New Contributor

just changed the password again on the faulty one and all worked. I am back on line with my yahooIM. Thanks for the initial post. P
My Device: Storm 2 9520

[ Edited ]

This worked. After i tried the first solution, it didn't work so I changed my password and logged on and it worked and i changed d password to the former values as i didn't want it changed.

thanks piotrb..:womanvery-happy:

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks a million, took me only 3 weeks to find your advice, and I thankyou, you nailed it on the head.

Too bad the others weren't as lucky and got theirs fixed, but it was that easy as 1,2,3. Thanks again.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks a million it worked awesome.

New Contributor
My Device: onyx 9700
My Carrier: tsel

Thanks a bunch! Now I can access my yahoo mail & YM in my blackberry 9700 again after several months being frustrated, googling every solutions to no avail. It worked like magic :smileyvery-happy:

My Device: BOLD9700
My Carrier: Celcom

I have the same Invalid email or password on my yahoo mail and yahoo messenger. Tried the 1st solution, and it didn't work. 

Already change the password but fail. 

Do I have to wait till 2-3 weeks to get things normal back? :smileysad:

I need those ym and yahoomail very badly..