Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

[ Edited ]

Device: Curve 8330

Issue:  Ticketmaster Application is not longer working for my phone - It (icon) is no longer on my phone - its is still listed as installed on my blackberry app world and is listed on the phone under applications.

I have used it once and worked fine - since I updated the OS through my desktop PC it no longer worked (don't know if this is related)

I am in Canada - carrier is Sasktel Mobility

I am confused - since I have already used it once (less than 2 weeks ago) and now it is not available on my device.

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

knighthelm wrote:

Device: Curve 8330

Issue:  Ticketmaster Application is not longer working for my phone - It (icon) is no longer on my phone - its is still listed as installed on my blackberry app world and is listed on the phone under applications.

I have used it once and worked fine - since I updated the OS through my desktop PC it no longer worked (don't know if this is related)

I am in Canada - carrier is Sasktel Mobility

I am confused - since I have already used it once (less than 2 weeks ago) and now it is not available on my device.

Thanks

Hi there!

Please check in AppWorld for an update -- the developers are responsible for certifying their apps with both device models and OS levels...if the developer has released an update for your new OS, it will be available in AppWorld. If it is not there, then you should contact the developer directly for support from them.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Bold 9000

Why is AppWorld not available in other countries?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

orimagic wrote:

Why is AppWorld not available in other countries?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!!

That's actually a pretty tough question to answer...not being inside of RIM or the carriers, all we can do is guess...which is likely to lead to more harm than good (as speculation so often does).

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your advice - It helped me out - I figured it was a software issue with the app.

I surfed over to the Ticketmaster site on my BB and once there it automatically opened the application I was having problems with.  I guess the application decided to "hide" in the browser. 

Once there I was able to open the menu option in the app I was able to unhide the apps icon and now it appears on my BB - like it did before.

Darren

New Contributor

Hi.  New to Blackberry devices.  Just picked up the Curve 8530 from Verizon yesterday.  I am getting this message on many apps.  For example - The Weather Channel, WeatherBug, Urbanspoon.  Is there a limitation to the Curve 8530 re applications?

Device is 8530 ,  version 5.0.0.337

Is there a fix for this, or am I forever going to be restricted from many of the apps.

Located in Ohio, USA.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

the fastest way for you is to contact the editor of each application and ask them to update their application on AppWorld so that it becomes compatible with your device model.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Okay, thank you. 

That seems like something Blackberry or Verizon ought to be doing before they release a new device.  But I will try that with the apps I find but will not work on my 8530.

I appreciate your help.

Visitor

Device model:                    Blackberry Tour

Device OS version:            v.4.7.1.61 (platform 4.1.0.81)               

Description of the issue:    Beejive wont donnload from Blackberry app world. It says application is not available on your device or carrier. Also says to check system requirements.

New Contributor

I just bought the Blackberry 8530 (curve 2) . I went to the Blackberry App world catalog to download apps and i noticed that the majority or at least ALOT of the apps that were available for the 8330 (Curve 1)  arent compatible with the new Curve.  That doesnt seem like it makes any sense. Also most of the apps in the catalog are pretty much available for every blackberry there is except for mine.  Is it because my phone is new and they havent had time yet to make these apps available for my phone?  Will they become available?  All the really good apps arent available to me.  I only have 4 or 5 sports apps that are available to me and they are all expensive and not very good apps.  I wanted to add the Phillies app to my phone and i cant.  Iwanted to add The Weather Channel and i cant