Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Twitter application

I downloaded the twitter application a couple of weeks ago, everything worked fine for a few days. I logged in using the credentials I use online and was able to tweet and receive tweets. However after a few days it stopped updating, and I wasn't able to tweet anymore. I got an error "cannot connect to server" ''twitter encountered a problem" I didn't think much about it, putting it down to the system being busy. A day later I tried again and got the same errors, so being in IT I tried the age old remedy and logged out with the intent to log back in, however when I typed in my username and password, I got an error your username and password combination are incorrect. Knowing that was impossible but willing to try again I typed everything out again, paying close attention to every letter and number typed. Again I got the same error, once or twice it changed to cannot connect to server, but mostly that my credentials were wrong.

I even went so far as to try and create a new username, having typed four letters I got an error "username cannot be longer that 15 characters" after much fighting I managed to type out my user name (samcarter1022) and put in my password, when I clicked submit I got "creation failed"

I sent a request in to twitter, as I am able to login in online it doesn't seem that the issue is with them, they advised to conact Blackberry, so here I am, what do I do now???

Kerry.

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Twitter application

My first suggestion would be to reboot the device:  With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Let me know how that goes, if it doesn't work then.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: Rogers

I did try rebooting, but I turned the BB off first that didn't help, this time I tried it with the BB still on as you suggested and .... OMG! it worked:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy: Thank you so much, twittering thank you to you as we speak:smileyhappy:

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have a simialr problem re invalid username/password - tried the reboot -a few times - didn't work - is there a plan B??
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel ZM

I upgraded my twitter application, now can't open the application. Any solution?

fanaka wrote:
I upgraded my twitter application, now can't open the application. Any solution?

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, try Twitter again.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Warid telecom Pakistan

Mates,

I upgraded my twitter widget to version 4.3.0.18. After the upgrade my "mentions' tab stopped working. I re-intalled the widget, re-booted/har re-booted the device many times but the problem remains the same. Is there a fix/solution to this problem?

abuhamoodi wrote:

Mates,

I upgraded my twitter widget to version 4.3.0.18. After the upgrade my "mentions' tab stopped working. I re-intalled the widget, re-booted/har re-booted the device many times but the problem remains the same. Is there a fix/solution to this problem?

By widget, I assume you mean the application?

Give it another day and see if your mentions start working. Are old mentions listed, or is the mention tab completely blank?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Eastlink

I had to reinstall the twitter application on my Bold 9900.  I can't tweet anything with a photo from my Blackberry.  I get an error message saying there is a connection problem.  I can tweet without photos from my BB and I can attach photos from my PC, but that's really inconvenient as I have to transfer photos first and it takes away my ability to tweet photos while mobile.  Can you please help?