Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Twitter for Blackberry app - Incorrect Username/Password Error

I'm using the Twitter for Blackberry app and yesterday, when I was trying to tweet, continually received an error, "Twitter encountered a problem." I figured this was referring to typical bandwidth (fail whale) issues and it was not until today that I realized something else is going on. I intentionally logged out of Twitter for Blackberry, thinking that would resolve my issue with being unable to tweet. Once I logged out, I went to login and got an error:

"The username/password combination provided is incorrect. Please try again." 

I did try again...and again...and again. I continue to get this error despite the fact that I am entering the correct username and password. The combination works when on the Twitter website.

Can someone please provide some guidance here? Is this a current known issue?

Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Twitter for Blackberry app - Incorrect Username/Password Error

I've not seen others posting anything similar... so I don't know that it is a known issue.

You haven't said what device you have, but if you have a Pearl, make sure you are inputting the correct password and same for a full QWERTY keyboard device, if the password has any numbers or uppercase characters, just make sure you're getting it right.

You can always do a reboot, too, on the device:  With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Smart phone 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same issue.  I was using twitter on my Blackberry.  Once by mistake I logged out not knowing this is going to cause problem logging back in, that about a month ago.  Since then I am not able to login.  Any help....

My Device: 9700

Hello,

I also have this same issue.

I tried pulling out the battery to restart the device but still no luck!

Any solutions ?

My Device: Not Specified

I'm new to twitter on my blackberry I need help on how to use twitter can anyone help?

My husband and I are both having the same problem. It was working fine on Sunday. Then he logged out so I could log in and now neither one of can login. We are getting the incorrect username/password error. I KNOW we are typing in the right information. We both tried it several times. Works fine on the web, just not in Twitter for BlackBerry app. Also tried pulling out battery to reset and that did not help.

Any ideas?

lc1
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I logged out of twitter and now when I try to log in i get the message "The username/password combination provided is incorrect. Please try again." If it helps I have the curve 8530.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

same probelm here, im also having problems with facebook. i think its some sort of permissions issue

Blackberry Bold 9650
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Rogers

I recently signed out of my Twitter to sign into another Twitter and now, I'm unable to sign into both due to incorrect username/password issues. I have reset the password multiple times, but no luck.

I'm also having issues viewing notifications via Facebook. I really don't want to risk logging out of Facebook and being unable to sign in.

I'm using the Curve 8530. I've never had a problem like this before. Maybe it's an authentication issue. Whatever it is, it's an error that needs to be looked into. After looking on the Twitter support site, none of the issues were on Twitter's side.

My Device: Blackberry Storm (Telus
My Carrier: Telus

I experienced this problem today.

here's how i fixed it.

delete the twitter app. (required device restart)

go to app world > my apps 

find twitter (will have <uninstalled> status.

"reinstall Twitter"

agree to terms & service,

hope this helps everyone.