Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFound Error

I'm sorry that I updated App World because I get the same error message now on my Storm 9530. Given the number of posts here and the variety of phones Blackberry obviously just launched the update without bothering to test it properly. No wonder they continue to lose market share. I've tried the deleting it, rebooting and going online to download it direct from Blackberry. I get the same result and have wasted a lot of time. Since they blew so many out of the water I imagine they'll do an update soon. If anyone can find access to download the earlier version let us know.

Wouldn't you think the Blackberry people themselves would notice that it didn't work on their phones? Maybe they use Droid or Apple phones themselves.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Same problem here on a bold 9700 -- nothing seems to work including battery pulls, reinstalls, etc.
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Same issue here on my Storm 9530!  So frustrated since I can't download any new apps.  Suggestions on how to get an older version would be greatly appreciated.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8530 and Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon wireless

Glad to see that I'm not alone in this issue.  Like everyone else here, I upgraded to the latest version of App World and now it doesn't work.  Tried all the usual tricks like others have tried, still no luck.  I tried to do an OTA upgrade to my OS but I have a corporate phone and our administrator apparently has prevented OTA upgrades from being performed.  Guess I will try upgrading through the Desktop Manager.  I know that my phone has an OS upgrade available but I'm not holding out much hope that this will fix the problem.  I, like others have said, love my Blackberry but this sort of thing really leaves me wondering about my decision to stick with this brand.  I hope someone from RIM is reading these posts and will get the software folks working on a fix.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 02

[ Edited ]

I have just found a message on crackberry forum with a link to the old operating systems for app world.  I downloaded 3.1.29 os5 and mine is working fine now.   So its up to you if you want to try it, here is the link

<Unauthorized Link Removed>

Good luck

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9600
My Carrier: m

Janhsmn - thanks I used ur link an downloaded os 5 and its working. A little slow though so wondering if I shudda tried a dif os. My bbm still isn't working.
New Contributor
My Device: BB 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Janhsm- u downloaded it thru ph or thru ur system.
M1kenufc : Go to application center on your ph, you'll find there BlackBerry Messenger,click on it & after that on install...follow the instructions & download BBM from there.

I hope this information helps you getting your BBM back.
Contributor

Thanks. I'm just using my phone. I already have bbm installed, just nothing happens when I try to click into it. I'm going to uninstall and re-install it and see if that works
New Contributor
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: 02

thanks used the link and App world is now working on my storm 2

still the service from RIM not good enough. no respone to out thoughts!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE

Contributor

Ok I've re-installed bbm, even tried the older version but I still can't get into it. Has anyone got any ideas?