Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Storm 9800

Unwanted messages from composer after downloading app

I am trying to find a way to get PACE MobiTech to stop sending me their "weekly" app specials 2-3 times per day. I downloaded one of their apps and am now being inundated with messages. The messages have such little info that I cannot even determine if they are text, BBM or email....they just say "weekly offer...", give a brief description of an app and a link button to purchase the app. I tried to go to their website (www.pacemobi.com) but it is secure (registered access only). I have deleted the app but still get the messages. Can anyone help?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Unwanted messages from composer after downloading app

developers dont know if you have uninstalled their app. Reply to their email blast or send their support email letting them know thta you want to be removed from their mailing lists.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Etisalat

I am having the same issues, I did click a REMOVE link on one of Pace Mobitech's emails but I am still getting their "Weekly update," messages 2 - 3 times a week.  Does anyone know how to report this to BlackBerry?

Highlighted
Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

email the developer and ask to unsubscribe

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same issue. I am not getting emails - these messages appear in the messages app - there is no way to reply to them. How are these things being sent?

My Device: Torch 9810

I tried their website and get a page that says something like "this is the home of good things to come" and nothing else.

This has got me extremely annoyed. I will never download any of their apps again.

Is there a way to filter these messages? How does one send a message that just shows up in the messages app?

I Had the same problem.

I think however that I fixed it. I had downloaded an APP (free version) called "battle tanks" or something like that from them and had started to get the messages. I deleted the APP and then the messages were gone, one of which was still unopened.