Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Why Doesn't Rim Get Up to Speed? so many applications - Not available to BlackBerry Users???

I am so tired of looking at applications that i might want to only find out later Blackberry does not support that app - most recently when trying to access an application through VPN...  

BB Playbook does not run OVPN software so is not compatible with most VPNs.  

It is useless for anything other than going on-line and checking emails.  Would never buy again and feel I just wasted money buying this one.   

Thanks Rim!   You have another very dissatisfied customer!  

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Why Doesn't Rim Get Up to Speed? so many applications - Not available to BlackBerry Users???

hello,

which apps are you talking about?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Why Doesn't Rim Get Up to Speed? so many applications - Not available to BlackBerry Users???

in this instance it is expat TV and as stated in my Email apparently BB Playbook does not support a OVPN - like every IPAD and every Android seems to.  This is not the first application that BB does not support, just the most recent.  Sadly, by the time this product gets up to speed it will have lost it's loyal client base - due to inconveniences such as the above.  The BB Playbook has disappointed me many times

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

indeed currently the PlayBook can do dozens of VPN but not Open VPN. I ma not sure if Android and the iOS can be connected to the ones the PlayBook can.

But indeed that does not solve your issue.

What are your other sources of disappointment?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: