Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: None

Why I think App World Sucks...

[ Edited ]

RIM,

You need to do something about the *mess* you created with App World, and in particular the way developers categorize various versions of their apps as FREE.  The following points should help:

1) Only fully functional, non-limited, complete applications that are truly free forever should be allowed to be posted as FREE.  Ad supported free apps should be required to list "Ad Supported" in their title, or not be list-able as free.  Or better yet, add another category called "Ad Supported".

2) Demo/Trial versions or any kind of application that is in any way time or feature limited should be required to be posted with the full application price listed ONLY, and *not* as free.  Calling a trial version a FREE application is misleading and dishonest

3) Developers who break the two previous cardinal rules should be banned for life.

4) Developers who bend the rules by posting bogus messages such as "our appliication doesn't fit within the standard categories so we listed it as FREE" should also be banned for life

5) You should regularly scan and enforce these rules

Until you get this mess cleaned up, App World will never be fully adopted by the community.  If you implemented a truthful system as noted above, I bet you'd have *very* few truly free apps listed.

Cheers

The REAL Joe

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I think App World Sucks...

Try emailing bbsuggestions@rim.com

Otherwise, your words here fall on deaf ears.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code