05-25-2010 05:39 PM - edited 05-25-2010 05:41 PM
You need to do something about the *mess* you created with App World, and in particular the way developers categorize various versions of their apps as FREE. The following points should help:
1) Only fully functional, non-limited, complete applications that are truly free forever should be allowed to be posted as FREE. Ad supported free apps should be required to list "Ad Supported" in their title, or not be list-able as free. Or better yet, add another category called "Ad Supported".
2) Demo/Trial versions or any kind of application that is in any way time or feature limited should be required to be posted with the full application price listed ONLY, and *not* as free. Calling a trial version a FREE application is misleading and dishonest
3) Developers who break the two previous cardinal rules should be banned for life.
4) Developers who bend the rules by posting bogus messages such as "our appliication doesn't fit within the standard categories so we listed it as FREE" should also be banned for life
5) You should regularly scan and enforce these rules
Until you get this mess cleaned up, App World will never be fully adopted by the community. If you implemented a truthful system as noted above, I bet you'd have *very* few truly free apps listed.
The REAL Joe
05-25-2010 05:42 PM
Try emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, your words here fall on deaf ears.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code