Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry play book
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

android

hi i bought a playbk frm the source and he tld me as of 2 weeks ago we could run android apps but when i g to google play it wont let me.and angrybirds that are free for android cost money here.was i told wrong maybe i should return it

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: android

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest making your Blackberry Playbook decisions using the official RIM released information and documentation. The attached article may answer your questions.

Thanks,

Bifocals

David J. Smith, SVP Mobile Computing, Research In Motion.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Available Today- February 21, 2012

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: orange

hi

yes it is correct the the playbook will run android app but in the small print they tell you that the android app have a mod to run on the playbook and the kicker is that you can only get them at this moment in time from blackbery apps world down load. So apps that are free for the android well they want money for them from world of apps

hope this helps

all the best

steve

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Etisalat

That's great but not a single social app to start competing with Apple or Android tablets. What about a Kindle app or even the ability to download an app for a daily newspaper as per Apple or Android. But hey you can download a stargazer map for 99c! Start competing RIM and try and regain some customers. I contacted both the Times and the Telegraph and both said they had no intention of launching a Playbook app. So the only option is to carry a Kindle too......or get the ipad out of a dusty box! 

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can easily sideload the Kindle Android app.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Koodo

How does one sideload the Kindle Android app please? thanks