Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: cruve 8330
My Carrier: sprint

app world not working properly!!!

app world isnt working properly on my phone! i have a:

-bb curve 8330

-v4.5.0.175

-carrier sprint

-app world v1.1.0.24

when i first downloaded it, it worked good and fast and i was able to download a few games. then i tried download "sid meier's pirates" or something it downloaded it but it took forever and it didnt install it. now it just sits there forever loading with the hour glass on the screen. it'll sit there for hours if i let it. so i have to take the battery out of my phone to restart it so i can use it. and every time i try to install the game or browse for other games or anything on app world it just sits there loading with the hour glass just turning for ever! plz help!!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: app world not working properly!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Clearing the application cache may help:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

4a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel Karnataka, India

[ Edited ]

I tried this but it did not help..

Whenever I load app world, it just shows the loading bar and nothing happens. I have performed a battery pull reset and that also does not help.

I once uninstalled and reinstalled the appworld and it worked once. After that it stopped working again. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks and I really cannot access any apps. Someone please help me fix this issue.

Edit:

Sorry forgot to add this details:

Phone Model: Blackberry Curve 8520

Carrier: Bharti Airtel, Karnataka, India

App world Version: 1.1.0.24 (All permissions set to allow)

I am not sure if I am on BIS or BES but it is a corporate connection so I think it is BES.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Hall of Famer II

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If you indeed are on BES, then you need to check with your BES admins -- they may well be blocking access to AppWorld.

Otherwise, you can try these steps:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power ON, remove battery, wait, insert battery, reboot)

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi sdgardne,

Thanks for your reply. I've already tried it but it did not help. As I mentioned, deleting and reinstalling the application made the app world work once but then it stopped working again after that..

I've checked with our BES admins and they say that it is not blocked. My colleague with a BB Bold can access the app world fine so I'm not sure if it is a BES issue.

Any thing else I can try or get more information?

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer II

Hmmm...odd. Well, all I can think is that you have something else on your BB that is somehow causing AppWorld to malfunction...but figuring that out is a tedious process at best. You have 2 paths...

1) Re-install your device OS from scratch, removing all 3rd party apps in the process. Install AppWorld. If it works, start adding apps one at a time...as soon as AppWorld malfunctions, you know your culprit.

2) Start removing your 3rd party apps one at a time. As soon as AppWorld starts to function, you have your culprit.

I'm not sure what else to advice...it's a slow and careful diagnostic process to be carried out to try and find a configuration that works, then determine what in the current configuration is preventing functionality.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Ouch.. That indeed will be a slow and painful process. I'll try the second method first and see if that helps or go all out, delete the OS and then try method 1.

Will update the thread once I have more information.

Thanks Smiley Happy