Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Highlighted
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

archived device

[ Edited ]

Hi, my curve 8520 <Personal Content Removed> was lost on the 4th of December, I then went on to bb protect trying to track it but it could not be located but wrote a massage to be displayed & also made it ring. Having done all of this I kept on trying to track it through bb protect but kupt getting the same cannot locate response only to learn trough my bbm contacts that someone was using it, I think I also somehow managed to archive it an now I can no longer track nor make it ring or display message & also can not restore my back ups to my new device because of the archive. Can someone pls assist.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: archived device

Even if the "new owner" did not archive it, as long as the person deleted Protect you'll be out of luck using it.

It's a tough pill to swallow but it looks like you'll have to just move on to another phone.  Protect will work only when it's (still) installed and the phone is turned on.  As soon as someone sees it and uninstalls it, it's game over.

Make sure you call your carrier to have your SIM card cancelled so that the new person cannot rack up charges on your account.

I hope I've helped you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: archived device

A tough pill to swallow indeed especially when I can see this moron is active through my bbm. the service provider says thay have blacklisted the device (what ever that means). Is the a way I can un archive the device as I think archived it my self in erro so I can atleast restore my data to my new device as bb protect won't allow this because of this archive.