Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8320
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

bb ID not working

Hi can someone please help me I can't get into my blackberry ID. I've thought I needed to reset my password so I did on the computer and it says it was successful and when I try to log in it still won't work can someone please help me xx
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bb ID not working

Hello,

Please help us to help you...rather than merely "it still won't work", can you describe exactly what does happen? Especially if there is an error message...the exact and complete content of that would be most helpful to diagnosing your situation and hopefully providing you with useful guidance.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

It keeps saying that my password or user name is wrong when I'm putting them in correctly
Hall of Famer II

Sorry, I don't find anything related to "my password or user name is wrong"...are you sure that's the exact and complete error message?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I'm onto my last attempt to log in otherwise I'm locked out of it
Hall of Famer II

And you've still chosen to not reveal the exact and complete error message so that we might have a chance at helping you.

FYI...refer:

• KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

It says you have exceeded the number of attempts to sign in try again in 15 minutes, when the security lock out time ends. Click forgot password if you need to create a new password but the thing is I no what my password is
Hall of Famer II

Yes, I understand that...but what you never clarified was the exact and complete original error message...you said:

• "It keeps saying that my password or user name is wrong when I'm putting them in correctly"

But there is no such error exactly like that...exact and complete are critical with error messages as small differences can take us down a completely different resolution path.

Try again after the lockout ends...and then please be exact and complete about any error messages it then presents.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have and it just keeps saying you have exceeded the number of attempts to sign in.

For security reasons, you have been locked out for 15 minutes.
Click forgot password if you need to create a new password.
New Contributor

Are you able to check what my log in username is incase I'm getting that wrong