Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9360
My Carrier: Vodacom

blackberry app world not working

Hi,

I bought my BB 9360 six weeks ago. it was working fine at first but now when i go to the app world it says i need to upgrade but when i try to upgrade , it reboots the phone in the middle of the download. i cannot download anything , it keeps rebooting the phone when i try and then when the phone comes back on and i go to downloads it shows an error. the software currently on the phone is 7.1

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry app world not working

Hi Elaine1984

Welcome to the Community

Please Uninstall AppWorld from Options > Device > Application Management.

Scroll to BlackBerry AppWorld > Delete.

or KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone  

Do a reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a min. and then reinsert the battery wait till it reboot.

Now, from your BB Browser  go to www.blackberrry.com/appworld  and install again.

Try it and let us Know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi,

When i try to Uninstall AppWorld from Options , as soon as i select delete the phone reboots but does not delete AppWorld
Elite II

Hi Elaine1984

Have you installed any application recently. Also remove your memory card if you have any in your device then try again.Let us know

Prince

New Contributor

I have only had this phone for about six weeks and the only apps i have put on it since i got it is watsapp and facebook. even with facebook i got a message to upgrade but it does th same thing ,justs reboots when i try.

i have removed the memory card and tried to uninstall again , it did the same thing. rebooted when i selected delete
Elite II

Hi Elaine1984,

Try to start your device in Safe Mode,Have a look KB17877  .After that uninstall App world ,Then

perform a battery pull restart as I said above. If possible uninstall watsapp also ( you can install it later on again ).

Then try again see if it reboots

Good Luck

Prince

Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

if you cannot download via blackberry app world, you can use offline mode to download blackberry application

Elite II

moniko17 wrote :

if you cannot download via blackberry app world, you can use offline mode to download blackberry application

Hi moniko17,

Welcome 

Can you share how can we download App World in Offline Mode ?

Prince

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Even in safe mode it would not let me uninstall , it rebooted again
Elite II

Hi Elaine1984,

Well that is quit not normal ! O.K I advice you to reload your device Software to rule out any Software issue.But before that Do your Backup.

KB11320 : How to perform a clean Reload of BlackBerry device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

If there is any software issue reloading your device software will resolve that.Try it and let us know.

Prince