Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry messenger

i cannot find blackberry messenger. i downloaded the new messenger and i checked in applications but i cannot find it anywhere can you help me?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: blackberry messenger

there is no official new messenger. Are you talking about the leaked version that only advanced users should try ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

yeah.. but i dont even have the orginal mssenger on my phone anymore
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Hi,

Connect the Blackberry to the PC and launch the online loader from RIM going to:

http://www.blackberry.com/messenger

After you install the ActiveX control IE will load messenger to the device.  

Peace,

BBTechSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.

I continue to get error messages when I try to download the messenger each way I try. When I restore the device it still isn't on there. Under the applications list it still says there is a blackberry application installed...? Please help.
Guru I

LUTiger16 wrote:
Under the applications list it still says there is a blackberry application installed...?
Hello,

do I understand correctly ?
  1. you are installing a new OS on your device, using Desktop Manager.
  2. At some point, you choose the apps & modules from the OS inside Desktop Manager, that you want to be installed on your device.
  3. You see the BlackBerry messeger, it is checked
  4. you do the OS installation, it takes some time and eventually it succeeds.
  5. you reboot your BlackBerry device
  6. on your BlackBerry device, you go to home screen >> options >> advanced >> applications
  7. and you see BlackBerry Messenger is listed
  8. but on the Home Screen, looking all the icons and all the icons in all folders, you do not find BlackBerry Messenger.
  9. when you invoke the "switch application" ribbon, you see : home screen, phone, messages, browser, but not BlackBerry Messenger

am I correct ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor

Hi,

I have my BB messenger in my application but none in my home page...pls advise how to restore it...

Thanks,
Tri
Guru I

herdz wrote:
Hi,

I have my BB messenger in my application but none in my home page...pls advise how to restore it...

Thanks,
Tri

home screen >> options >> themes >> menu >> restore icon positions

then look again.

can you confirm that using the "switch application" ribbo, you can access the BlackBerry Messenger ?

Correct. When I go to try and restore my computer the "Blackberry Messenger" option is in gray, not black like the rest of the apps. So I am unable to restore it.