Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: 60174501909

cannot detect wifi for application. HELP ME PLEASE :'(

i'm a new user of blackberry curve 9220.

for the first day i used it, with wifi connection, i can open all application such as twitter, fb smoothly .

but, the next day, when connect to wifi, i can't open app such as twitter, fb, Ym and many more. however, i still can open mobile web using browser. i've already connect to wifi, but when i start to use other application, it shows "no network connection, please connect to wifi or used data plan"..

please help me. thank you in advance.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: cannot detect wifi for application. HELP ME PLEASE :'(

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use the proprietary BB services (including Push email capability, BBM, etc.), you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier, even if those services are used via WiFi. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), your BB-proprietary services will function (e.g., you will have Personal/Internet Email added to the email setup wizard, your BBM will function, etc).

With hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

I can't explain why some things may have worked on your first day...but what you describe now is completely consistent with a BB that lacks an adequate data plan from the carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: smart communications

i have the same problem with my bold 9780. everytime i want to connect to social networking apps thru wifi i have to turn off my phone and turn it on to connect...is there any other way to resolve this aside from availing data plans? thanks!

Hall of Famer II

bentz_kulet wrote:

i have the same problem with my bold 9780. everytime i want to connect to social networking apps thru wifi i have to turn off my phone and turn it on to connect...is there any other way to resolve this aside from availing data plans? thanks!

Hello,

The short answer is no...services are not free, so you must pay for the services that require payment. However, your description is strange...turn off and back on to use these services? Please clarify, as it sounds as if your issue is not identical to the OP.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe

Hi! I also have the same problem. I've been registered in BBMAX that my subscriber offered to me. It's been days and my subscription was expired already. When I was about to use my apps like fb, twitter, viber and everything using a wifi. It always says that they cannot reach the server. What does that means? Can you possibly help me? Thanks! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

eddelline wrote:
Hi! I also have the same problem. I've been registered in BBMAX that my subscriber offered to me. It's been days and my subscription was expired already. When I was about to use my apps like fb, twitter, viber and everything using a wifi. It always says that they cannot reach the server. What does that means? Can you possibly help me? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I have no idea what "BBMAX" is, only your mobile service provider can properly tell you what should or should not work. But, if as you say, your subscription has expired, then what has already been discussed in this thread also applies to you -- one must subscribe to (and pay for) the services they desire to use, regardless of the channel over which they attempt to use them (carrier data network or WiFi, it does not matter -- you still must pay to have access to proprietary services).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe

I

Hi again! Just want to asks something, I have to upgrade my ubersocial. When I was about to upgrade it, this message suddenly appeared: "Ubersocial for Twitter and Facebook contains a different version of module "BBMBridge" which is also used by Ubersocial. If you proceed, Ubersocial may not function properly. Proceed?" - What does that message means? Thanks! 

Hall of Famer II

Re: I

Please double-check the error message...I suspect that where you say "BBMBridge", something else was actually there. Please confirm.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates