Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

country and other issue.please help

Hi my name is Moayad
I'm using a Blackberry Bold9000

I'm having lots of problems in my phone

1) I can't use appworld because my country is not supported. Why .and how can I make it supported

2) It always when I download Twitter app + facebook app. I get an error massage. Service plan is not supported. Contact your service provider.
My service provider is "Mobily"...... I contacted them melon time they said we are providing full service plan + I checked all my versions its all updated

Please we are the most people who use black berry in middle east

And u put your middle east office in Lebanon

we need to be heard I really love RIM but I need appreciation.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: country and other issue.please help

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

If you are hoping that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

be_smile wrote:
1) I can't use appworld because my country is not supported. Why .and how can I make it supported

Do understand that RIM does not have unilateral control over the availability of AppWorld. Rather, a triad of entities must agree -- RIM, the wireless service provider, and the government. As the primary for-profit entity in that triad, I've always suspected that RIM is not the one who would be impeding the process. Hence, what you can do is to pressure your carrier and/or your government to allow AppWorld into your country.

Further, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

be_smile wrote:
2) It always when I download Twitter app + facebook app. I get an error massage. Service plan is not supported. Contact your service provider.
My service provider is "Mobily"...... I contacted them melon time they said we are providing full service plan + I checked all my versions its all updated

Your service provider is responsible for delivering ALL services and support to you. No one else is in any control. They must resolve this. You have the ultimate leverage -- you are paying them for services that they are not delivering. They have the ability (indeed, the responsibility) to escalate your case into RIM for further support if needed. You have no free method to request support from RIM other than as escalation from your carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: country and other issue.please help

Thx sdgardne. And I will let u know