Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

downloading skype

Can't find Skype in BB appworld for my playbook. i have had requests to join via e-mail and tried downloading the program with no luck. help please! 

Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch and playbook also 9700 bold
My Carrier: telus

Re: downloading skype

I believe there isn't a skype app for the playbook yet. It is in the works.
New Contributor

Is there an App or something I can download to the Playbook in order to keep in touch with Family?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 / Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

gonna have to wait a bit, skype and bbm will be here soon... shud be a bunch of voip and video call apps coming soon too
New Contributor

Thanks! The playbook is an awesome business tool as well as some fun to keep you off work while in airports and such! Very happy so far with the tablet and glad I didn't go with the IPad 2. Sorry Apple!
Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

I've found that you can put ALL of your favorite pictures, sort them into albums. Great way to keep pictures of your family, friends, and loved ones.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

In spite of the above answers that claim Skype is "in the works" or "will be here soon", in actual fact Skype itself has said they are NOT working on a PlayBook version right now, and are waiting until at least some future time when, basically, there are a lot more PlayBooks sold.

For now, people are pointed to the imo.im site, where you can use Skype in a limited fashion via the web or other, likely also web-based, options.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Playbook
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

There is no Native Skype App For Playbook :d