Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sandisiwe Gwele

Re: error 80003 cannot access bb ID update server

I am experiencing the same problem! I am so annoyed! It's been happening on my phone (Curve 8520) for weeks now!! This is unacceptable!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Elite Mobile - Vodacom

Follow  J Sanders instructions on this problem it worked for me

New Contributor
My Device: 5820
My Carrier: Vodacom

Try the remedy of a previous user. It sorted out my problem.
Select options>advanced options>TCP/IP. Then tick the APN check box. Then on the second row next to APN type 'internet'. Exit and save the settings and try again. It worked for me.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: curve

I found a method that worked for me... Go to advanced setting+tcp/ip select enable apn and then where it says 'apn' write internet. Save the settings and then go to appworld and login... On completion go back and change your settings to what they were before
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 White

I have the same problem I realy need help can't download anything ,can't upgrade
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Because absolutely everyone is having this issue -- I've been bombarded with response emails on this subject since my first request to fix this problem two months ago. Apparently I haven't kept up. So for us slow pokes who don't want to read 50,000 comments... what do you if you are running OS6?  And does Blackberry make searching for this information and finding a solution less painful somewhere else?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sandisiwe Gwele

Thank you so much everyone. I managed to fix it by following the TCP/IP method. @Pakerisherishere and Sandra49 if you read some of the responses you will come accross a response from J Sanders. He gives 3 methods that you can try to remedy the problem. One of them should work for you. If you read the comments from ajc737 and snonhonho, that's one of the methods...and it's the one that worked for me.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 White

Thank you very much my problem is fixed I am so glad
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have been having the same problem but I have the BB Curve 8530. It is very frustrating & time consuming as this happens with EVERY APP I try to download.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

I followed the TCP/IP method and upgraded but now I can't download, says that my app world has been blocked for security reasons! Please help! How do I unblock? Thanks