Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

forgotten bbid password and security question - how to reset via email?

Hi, i have a user in my compnay who has forgotten his BBID password and also the answer to his security question. However on BBM page ican see it says that if you have forgotten even the answer to your security question you have the option to reset via email. 

But this option doesnt show for us. 

Ech time we try to reset the password it takes us to answer the security question with a message that it has been entered incorrectly too many time and if we dont answer is correctly now reset feature will be locked for 15 minutes.

The user already has an existing BB on which he has downloaded apps using this BB ID... he just doesnt remember the password or answer to his security quesiton to now use on his new Z10. 

We'd prefer to have the password in the exsiting one reset so as not to have to add all him BBM contacts again (he has tons is it is a work phone)

I did however submit a request for a new BB ID but its been 4 days and still no sign of a confirmation email. Does this have something to do with BB now being open on Android and Apple and a lot of people registering. This is driving us nuts coz BBM helps save so much company cost on mobiles. 

any suggstions?

Re: forgotten bbid password and security question - how to reset via email?

the email address used to register is not a BB email but the company one. Also i read that security question is asked if the email address hasn't been confirmed? Since it is asking for security question does that mean the account wasn't confirmed?

For the new BB ID i created, i can't log into it, it says its not associated with a valid id. So i am assuming until i get the confirmation email and click on the confirmation link i won't be able to use the id. wasn't this the case earlier too?

i've followed the password reset steps only but we get stuck at the part of the security question itself.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Hi and Welcome to the Community!  

Knowledge Base articles Android/iPhone:

VIA | 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-Android/Useful-help-links-for-BBM-for-Android/td-p/25...

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

VIA |   Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/How-to-regain-access-to-your-BBID/td-p/25467...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"