Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: BB curve 8530i
My Carrier: nextel

frustrated and need help

I currently have a Nextel BB 8530i and about 6 weeks ago, I had an issue with not receiving my text messages what had actually happened was my online inbox with Nextel/Sprint was full (I didn't know that at the time).  I went for over 2 weeks without getting my text messages.  after several calls to Sprint Tech Support, I was told it was my phone and there wasn't anymore that could be done on their end.  So I took phone into a local Authorized Sprint repair shop and explained my situation, after many hours the repair tech could not figure out the problem either.  He decided it must be the phone itself, so he ordered me a new phone.  So I went for another couple of days without getting text messages while waiting for new phone to come in.  After the new phone came in, he reloaded all of my old media and apps into the new phone. and told me that there was an update for the phone, to go home and update the phone it would take about 3-4 hours to do it.  So after going home I plugged phone into computer synced everything and even backed up my phone.  after all was done, I attempted to install new update, after 22 hours I got a white screen stating there was an error with the O.S.  after doing research through forums and Google about the error, I had to reload the O.S. from disk that came with the phone.  It still did not fix the Text messaging problems, I then took the phone back to the tech again.  He then contacted Nextel and I somehow ended up with a new PIN and IP address, at that point I lost what apps I had in the phone.  And text messaging still did not work. A few days later I returned to the tech again his boss now gets involved and tells me the only way they will look at my phone again is if I switch networks and go from Nextel to Sprint........no I don’t want to switch, I use the two way feature too much on my phone to switch because I have to use it for work also. After that I call Customer support again and tell them what just happened....I am sent to tech support again and that was when I was told my inbox was too full and things had to be deleted....which at that point it had already been done, however I still had to empty out the trash can because that was what was blocking my messages........after doing so, my text messaging was fixed.  
now the problem that I am having is the prior apps are still gone since the phone swap and getting a new PIN.  when I click on the applications icon on my menu and go into the file icon I click file folders....media card.....app world.....and downloads, it shows the old and new PIN as two separate files.  when opening the folder for my old PIN it shows all my previous apps when the app is clicked on it shows an error ....unable to display file and gives the properties for the app.  how can I get these apps back on my phone?  some of them were paid for and now I’m told I will have to repurchase these apps to start using them again, they have been purchased once why should I have to repurchase them again?  I tried to get them off of my backup file on PC but they are no longer there since the upgrade and the sync of the new phone.......PLEASE HELP!

vebtinkerbell
New Contributor
My Device: STORM2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: frustrated and need help

VEB,

If you are trying to retrieve apps you purchased through the blackbrry app site, then when you next relaunch your APP world, go to "my downloads" (bottom right of the screen). You then need to locate the login via "paypal" or which ever method you used.  This will automatically allow you to re-download without paying twice for the app you've paid for.

I hope this help as I had to do this quite a few times over the last decade with dead blackberries.  I am moving to the Droid next week and cannot wait.  I encourage you to do the same, but it seems that you're tied to the push talk feature.  Good Luck to you.

JN

My Device: 9670
My Carrier: sprint

hello:

i downloaded this and still dont see and option for me to text from my pc??? any ideas someone??

much thanks fuzzydbear

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

fuzzydbear wrote:

hello:

i downloaded this and still dont see and option for me to text from my pc??? any ideas someone??

much thanks fuzzydbear

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Text-messaging/m-p/2275823#M62792

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code