Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how do u retrieve data send from blackberry?

Hi, I need to send an email to blackberry and upon the user's reply, i have to store that data in the database. Can u plz help me in this regard. How do u send an email from web-browser and later retrieve the data in a data base.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: how do u retrieve data send from blackberry?

hello, do I understand your need correctly ?

1 you send an email to a user, with a link to a web page that is hosted by a web server of yours
2 the user replies to you, through the web page
3 you want to store the content of the forum in a database on the web server

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

ya..correct..I need to store that data send by the user. I'll be sending some email which the user can accept or reject. I need to store that flag.
Guru I

then easiest way is to have a webserver and have someone code for you that. You will have two URLs, one for YES and one for NO
and everytime some user clicks on one link, it increments a counter on the server.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

actually, I have to code for this and I dont know how u do it. Also how do u get that counter in ur database. How does it get registered. I am veri knew to this. Please guide me. It'll be a big help.
Guru I

this has nothing to do with BlackBerry technologies.
you can try and install xampp and look at the examples.
how to write in a SQL table, and so on.

New Contributor

See, I have to code only using Java-J2EE. I have to send and retrieve emails from Blackberry. Get user's reply and store that Flag in database. How should I be doing that who doesn't know a thing about Blackberry. Please...plz help..Smiley Sad
Guru I

your coding has to be done on a web server. if your web server uses Java then you cannot use xampp (which uses php). Are you using Tomcat ?

if what I wrote is correct, then this will work for any user, whether they use a BlackBerry device or Outlook or GMail or any other mail client.
If what I wrote is not correct, then please detail your needs.

New Contributor

ya correct..we are using Tomact 6..how do u proceed after that
Guru I

khushi289 wrote:
ya correct..we are using Tomact 6..how do u proceed after that
This is a BlackBerry technology oriented forum, you are asking questions about web development. I think the best for you is either to find tutorials on internet on "how to create a web application on tomcat with a database" or directly try a Tomcat oriented forum.