Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: *

i forgot my bbid password and recovery answer.

hi,

i forgot my bbid password and recovery answer and i made a new account but i cannot use it because its not leting me sign in a new id.

please help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.3.1.2726)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: i forgot my bbid password and recovery answer.

[ Edited ]

Hi Sakerzz

When you forget the password for your blackberry ID and the security question you can not recover the BBID ...

All you have as an option to create a new ID. 

Luck

Regards...

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

sakerzz wrote:

i forgot my bbid password and recovery answer and i made a new account but i cannot use it because its not leting me sign in a new id.

please help

Hello sakerzz

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you forgot you old BlackBerry ID and password then in order to use your new BlackBerry ID you have to perform a Security wipe , otherwise it will not allow you to use a new BlackBerry ID . You can check this Knowledge Base for help :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

You can do a backup then follow this KB , but please not while using a new BlackBerry ID you'll loose access to any paid apps that you bought from BlackBerry World .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9300

do u know mr t?

New Contributor
My Device: 9300

hi my name Tyson i change my email address i kinda 4get my bbid password and recovery question please help

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

pheletso wrote:

hi my name Tyson i change my email address i kinda 4get my bbid password and recovery question please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account, even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you).

As a last automated resort, and only if you have the original email you received when you originally created your BBID (it cannot be regenerated), then it should contain a link to actually now destroy your BBID. Then, you create a new BBID, but using the exact same credentials (username, email address), and it is supposed to relink all of your prior BBWorld records (purchases, downloads) and allow you to continue on.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, or if you never properly validated your BBID account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: I forgot my bbid password and recovery answer.

You can't recover your account but if it is absolutely urgent. THen you can go to the trouble of contacting BlackBerry (go to contact us on the website) and then ask them to tell you the password. And to show that you aren't some random you could even log into the email and negotiate something with them. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I forgot my bbid password and recovery answer.

Cupcakexyx wrote:

You can't recover your account

Yes, in most cases, they can, by following the multiple methods previously provided.

Cupcakexyx wrote:

but if it is absolutely urgent. THen you can go to the trouble of contacting BlackBerry (go to contact us on the website) and then ask them to tell you the password.

There is no method to contact BlackBerry directly for this issue (not for free at least). Refer please:

Further, no reputable entity will just "tell you the password". All reputable entities actually have no way for their humans to ever see the password. They might be able to reset it, but they cannot see it and tell you what it is. That would be a huge breach of security, and it just doesn't work that way.

Cupcakexyx wrote:

And to show that you aren't some random you could even log into the email and negotiate something with them. 

The proper channels for attempting to resolve this are already provided above.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code