Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: tmobile

install app world: bb id update required: install update-->appworld won't launch

[ Edited ]

As the title says:

I install/upgrade the latest appworld

Launch appworld

Appworld tells me I need a BB ID update; would I like to update now?

-->press no and appworld closes

-->press yes and BB ID update installs and calls for reboot

Reboot

Try to launch appworld

Nada.

Won't launch.

Nothing.

I've checked permissions, I have the most recent OS6 and version of appworld. I've repeated the process several times with no success. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: install app world: bb id update required: install update-->appworld won't launch

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Remove the BB Identity App from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

4) Even if redundant, do another Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait).

5) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

6) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

7) Now see if you can launch AW and it should re-install the BB Identity app as well.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Nope, sorry

Repeated this process twice and appworld still will not launch.

Hall of Famer II

Re: Nope, sorry

OH...well that is interesting...so AW and Identity both removed fine and reinstalled fine (in the exact sequence provided), but still AW will not launch. Hmmm

What about the rest of your BIS services? BBM? Email? Browsing? All fine?

If so, then your next step would be formal support, which you obtain from your mobile service provider...only they can escalate you into formal RIM support if that is required.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No, prior to this, after installing AW, it would launch, then try to install ID, THEN would not launch after ID was installed.  Now after installing AW, it won't launch at all, even to install ID.

New Contributor

Email and browsing are fine, don't use BBM

Hall of Famer II

stuware wrote:

No, prior to this, after installing AW, it would launch, then try to install ID, THEN would not launch after ID was installed.  Now after installing AW, it won't launch at all, even to install ID.

Oh sorry...in your post 3 above, you said "still", so I thought, well, I thought "still"!

Anyway...escalation via your service provider remains my recommendation.

There are KBs that discuss AW not opening, but all that I can quickly find discuss that behavior in conjunction with an error message, which you do not report, so I can't see any that apply. You can search the KBs yourself to see if you find different results:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates