Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

______ is not available for download from app world ????

I looked at my phone and it sayed that there where 4 apps i purchased through app world that had upgrades available. I go into appworld and goto my world and select one of these apps and it says upgrade is free, however when I select upgrade it says, for example, "MiaWallpaper is not available for download from app world." What the heck is going on? This is really ticking me off. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

-Govik

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ______ is not available for download from app world ????

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the app > BBKey > Delete
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > BBKey > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > BBKey > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Use this link to the AppWorld user guide link to re-install the app -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

That did the trick thanks for your help. It seems a bit odd I'd have to go through those steps seems rim needs to tweak there app world. All in good time I guess. Thanks again

-Govik

Also it seems that if I delete it through

homescreen/options/advanced options/applications - highlight app - BBkey - Delete

as opposed to simply deleting it in app world did the trick Smiley Wink

i am getting the same message when i try to download apps.  i checked applications in options and i have no applications listed there.  i was able to download apps on my other bb storm from app world.  this is frustrating!

It still didn't work in my case.

It keeps saying that "The application is not available for download on your devices or your carriers."

I tried downloading more than 7 applications, but it's repeating the message.

Blackberry Bold 9000

What should I do?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm getting this same error for Aerize Card Loader.

I'm concerned about losing the apps I have installed under this app, if I uninstall the mother app.  Does that make sense?

____
John
Hall of Famer II

As many posts within these forums indicate today, there seem to be some issues with AppWorld at the moment. If the posted remedies do not help, then it may be that whatever those problems are is what is causal to your situation...which means that the answer is the least fun one...waiting...

Best.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

I did all of the steps that you suggested, but now App World will not let me re-install the app. I have logged in to my PayPal account on My World and it will not let me reinstall the app. Half the time it says that this app "is not available for download from app world" and the other half it does not even show an install or re-install button. I am very frustrated. The app in question is the calorie tracker app by Livestrong. I use this app frequently and I would like it back very soon. My blackberry is: Curve 8330 Verizon Wireless OS 4.5 Thank you.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I've became so fed up with not being able to download the upgrades that BlackBerry App World keeps notifying me are available that I've turned to www.crackberry.com to get apps now.  I even went so far as to delete an app I had through App World and re-purchase it on Crackberry—that's how fed up I've gotten with this nonsense.

As time goes on, I'll replace any free apps I currently have from App World with identical ones if they're available on Crackberry.  Then I'll only use BlackBerry App World to check out new apps (it's easier to use for finding apps than the Crackberry app is) and if I want something, I'll search for it on Crackberry.

Whatever I can't get on Crackberry that I don't *need* the upgraded version of, I'll just live with for now.

Simply put, I have no intention of buying another app from BlackBerry App World.  There's been a problem with every version of their software and this is the final straw for me.  The day I pay them a second time to replace an app I should only have to upgrade is the day that hell has truly frozen over.

I would far sooner pay a reliable app distributor that sends me emails with the license/activation codes and download links so I can get my apps back again without a hassle if anything goes wrong and that's the biggest and best difference in buying an app from Crackberry. 

With BlackBerry App World, you have nothing.  They don't include this essential infomation on the receipts.  This leaves you to have to make a case with them.  I don't want that hassle if I lose an app—I just want my app back without having to pay more than once for it.

The other thing with Crackberry is the ease of checking to see if my apps are up to date—there's a quick list that tells me what version I have vs. the current version available.

Hall of Famer II

Hello!

Please do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates