Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

[ Edited ]

Okay....stupid question.....besides how to post a NEW post rather than reply to a similar question, as I have done here. I apologize to the original author, but perhaps we will both benefit from a response received.       I have a new playbook and receive many offers that require printing out things. Unfortunately, this device is the only computer I own. Thus, I do NOT have a pc to download/print through. I was willing to purchase a printer to use; however, it appears that such will not work...even through an application to work with my wifi. I do have friends with pcs/printers, of course, and have thought of merely emailing things there; unfortunately, the programs with the offers recognize isps for security reasons (so that people do not take advantage of offers through varied e-mails), thus making such a solution impossible. Similarly, friends are not to thrilled with the idea of installing alot of applications that they are unfamiliar with...nor going through a myriad of steps just to help me get a few helpful offers. Any suggestions? Or am I pretty much out of luck until something more advanced comes along?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

[ Edited ]

hello islandreamingma,

there are some apps that enable your PlayBook to send documents to a WiFi printer.

I know HP did some stuff with their ePrint technology, and otherwise you can try this app:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/109791/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

Re: printing directly from tablet to printer without desktop

First of all I wanted to thank you for your prompt response, as well as the relocation/redirection of my query :smileyhappy: I will try your suggestions and let you know how they go. Thanks again!