Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: south africa

Re: "An error has occurred. Please try again later" when attempt to login to App World

Have had exactly the same problem for like 3months... ... How doOo I fix it?
New Contributor
My Device: 8350i
My Carrier: nextel

Re: "An error has occurred. Please try again later" when attempt to login to App World

I have tried to change time zones but that is not taking care of the problem.  Is there a special time zone I should be using?  I live in Indiana, and we are in eastern time zone.  Thanks for your help.

New Contributor

What abut the other 25%?  It didn't work for me.

New Contributor

changing the time zone hasn't worked for me.  Is there a 'special' time zone that I should be using?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

I'm having the EXACT same problem - did you ever sort it out?

If so, how?

If you can help, please do. its driving me up the wall.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

I've tried to fix it by: rebooting, resetting my password and deleting and reinstalling my app world.

Someone just told me to try a security wipe or to completely start from scratch and reload all of the software onto my blackberry - but obviously first back everything up.

I don't know if that helps anyone who is having the same problem but I hope it does

:Balloon:

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Set “Update Time” to “Automatic”.   That fixed two 9800's that had this error.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

Ok the fix worked but hopefully it's temporary. Please tell me it's temporary?!? It drives me nuts that my phone has to be set 1 hour behind during daylight savings months. This is half the year Blackberry! HALF THE YEAR!!!!!! Can't my phone display the correct time AND have apps that work all at the same time? I don't think that's too much to ask for.

My Device: STORM
My Carrier: DIGICEL

Hi, I read the solution offered by Xandrex but it's nt working for me...

I am in the caribbean (St. Lucia)

we did not have a time change here....

any other solution?

Thanks

Xav972

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@darcy is your device is set to the correct timezone, and if the time is set to be got from the network, then you should be able to use the true time.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: