Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: zain

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.. 

My phone: bold 9700 3G

Well I can't explain this problem..It happened after I have updated my "Whatsapp" not sure if it had any connection or not.. I can't download any pics from whatsapp it gives me this message "download failed with error: unable to open connection" and with that I can't connect to the appworld and get ""BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." 

I have to take out the battery out for it to work again and after a day or so the same problem will start again.Tried everything and nothing worked..I formatted the phone so many times but nothing worked...

PLEASE HELP 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Hello,

There are several public KBs on point to that, so I suggest you go here:

Search on "Verify Network" or something similar and you should receive results that are potentially applicable to your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Thank you so much for your fast reply..I have found out the problem is from my service book I am missing " BlackBerry App World [APPWORLD]" So I am trying to fix that 

THank you 

Hall of Famer II

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not WiFi), I therefore suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I tried but I didn't get any messages.. 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

So, let me see if I understand...in step 1, you do not receive the required "registration" message back to your BB? As such, you don't proceed to step 2, and instead fall out of the process to what I said at the end...contact your mobile service provider. It is their network with which your BB is unable to communicate, and only they can look at their systems to figure out why.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you so much for your help..I connect my phone through WIfi and my Browser is working perfectly but my Whatsapp and my bb world are not working... 

Hall of Famer II

So I remain confused...based on what you'd told me, there was a very specific remedy that I provided to you above, yet you've completely skipped over that and moved to some other remedy attempt? I'm confused...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Sorry for confusing you...No i didn't move to the next step because you told me not too if the first step didn't work 

Hall of Famer II

So, you are referring to what I recommended in post 6 above? For if so, following that result, I further recommended (still within post 6) that you contact your mobile service provider for formal support...it is that action that you've said nothing about (and so I can only assume you elected to skip it).

For example...certain services require subscription to an adequate data plan from your provider so as to enable those services. And, that subscription is required even if you attempt to use the service via WiFi -- the service will still fail if you do not have an adequate subscription from your provider. But, that question can only be answered by your provider...hence, my recommendation that you contact them.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates