Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded applications

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9930; LTE PlayBook; BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

"Failure To Acquire License" comes up when making a video purchase or download

[ Edited ]

If you see a "Failure to Acquire License" displayed after you purchase a movie or TV show. Kindly leave the following details on this thread and we'll address it as soon as we can.

1. Full Name of the Video Content. If TV Show please provide - Name, Season, Episode and title (if available)
  2. Name of the Country, where this error was seen

Acquisition of license is a content issue (not a development bug/issue) and needs to be brought to the attention of the content provider. We have the required support teams monitoring this thread and we are committed to resolving this issue for you.

This error is usually displayed right after the completion a successful purchase. As a user you might want to know that your purchase is safe and you will be able to re-download the content once the license issue is fixed (which takes anywhere from 1~3 business days usually).

Highlighted
My Device: Z10

Re: "Failure To Acquire License" comes up when making a video purchase or download

The Dictator

Canada

Error message is expired license the content will not download

Pain & Gain

Canada

I had this app downloaded and now the content is gone when I try to download again I get the license is expired message

Please help.  Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Failure To Acquire License" comes up when making a video purchase or download

Not sure if this is monitored anymore, but...

Content accessed from USA, Verizon Z10:

"American Hustle"

"Blue Jasmine"

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Got license expired message when I purchased and tried to download "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".