Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

Contributor
imtaylor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Cloud / office 365 - now two mailboxes

I switched over to Office 365 and BB cloud. Should have been a straight forward swap!

During assisted migration today, I did a factory reset of the device which wiped everything apart from apps and then activated Enterprise Activation which seemed to work. However, I was still having problems getting the old Outlook profile to migrate from old laptop to new laptop so I thought I'd use the BB itself as a storage device to export the profile over. In so doing, I somehow created a new mailbox on the BB, so emailed the migration assistant and said that I was doing a factory reset again. He duly reset Enterprise Activation and an hour later, I reactivated it. it seemed to work, however, I now have two mailboxes on the BB?

One of the mailboxes is simply called "Messages" (as it was before) and the other called (myemailaddress) which has a similar icon with a small briefcase next to it? Not a major problem, other than whenever I send an email from the BB, it shows up in both mailboxes as a sent item.

I've obviously duplicated something somewhere and somehow created two mailboxes on the same device but have no clue how, or where!

Any help much appreciated.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BB Cloud / office 365 - now two mailboxes

Since we are dealing with BES, can you check with the migration assistant?  I have a feeling they are going to recommend that you wipe the device and they resend the activation.  A wipe will resolve this issue for you, but check with your IT department first.

did a reset again, got IT guy to reset activation and again, it then activates two mailboxes?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Your IT department will have to fix this since its corporate email dealing with a BES server.

IT dept are stumped by this! Migration guy suggested checking on blackberry forums! Its driving me nuts, any other suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

On the home screen, press the menu key and select "show all" - do you see another icon for Desktop appear? 

If one does (this is normal, the activation hides it by default and the Messages inbox is a universal inbox designed to show all your email accounts, BBM's, texts etc ifyou want) then go to setup, email setup and choose the personal email option - is your account also setup as BIS account? 

If a Desktop icon does not appear then the existing duplicate icon is just the dedicated icon for your mailbox in addition to the universal Messages inbox. You can either hide this dedicated inbox (highlight the icon, press the menu key and choose hide) or hide the Messages inbox (same method) and just use the dedicated inbox icon for your email. 

The latter choice is my preferences as i do not like all my BBM's, emails, sms etc being managed from one inbox. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
imtaylor

I can hide the second icon, the issue is that if I send an email from the bb, it appears as two sent emails in messages.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Assuming that there is no 3rd icon for desktop appearing when you show all, there are not 2 sent emails - they are the same email. 

The universal Messages folder aggregates all the messages into one place unless you tell it not to. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
imtaylor

I worked out that it was the same email but how do I stop it showing two emails going out?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Are two emails being received by the person you are emailing? 

Please use plain text.