Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

New Contributor
mchicago
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: giffgaff
Accepted Solution

BB10 & MS365

Hello, I'm running a Z10 and I'm trying to do an activation. When I go Settings->accounts->add->advanced->work account it asks me for my user id, my activation password and a server address.

Where do I find the server address for the MS/BB server? (I believe i have setup everything through MS365 and Blackberry including my activation password, but I can't find anywhere on the site which gives me a server name?

Best Regards

JT

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BB10 & MS365

Office365 does not run BES10, it runs a version of BESx. 

To setup your Office365 Exchange account simply add an email account, enter your email address and password and it will do the rest - it will setup it using the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mchicago

Oh: Thanks for the quick reply.

Firstly, the normal exchange setup is great, it appears in the Hub and looks pretty good, however I was hoping to test my application with the work/play balance feature, and I understand the only way to do that is by activating the device onto a BB server. From looking at the policy options in the MS365 / Cloud blackberry I was hoping that a few of them seemed to apply to the balance feature.

I'll have to do some reading on what I need to setup to be able to test these features then (which is probably going to mean quite a bit of posting outside of this forum)

Thanks!

JT

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

As far as I'm aware they havent updated the BBCS to BES10 yet, or even if they are planning on supporting it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonathanWee
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: CSL 1010

Hi, is this official from BB?

I'm researching to see when the BBCS will be updraded to BES10 to support BB10 devices as well as iOS and Android devices.

If they don't have immediate plans, I suppose they would support it in the coming months?

I think BB10 and BES10 have some good features that may save some of the corporate customers who are turning away from BB devices.

Any official info on the topic would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
zenzer
My Carrier: AT&T

I'd really like to know the answer to this as well. This issue is holding up a customer from moving to Office365 simply because one person just has to have a 10 immediately! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mchicago

Just to reiterate: MS365 works fine with the BB10 (or the BB10 works fine with the 365) - as part of the normal Hub client. What it can't do is interact with the BES to set up the corperate / balance feature.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonathanWee

Perfectly understood that point.

But the greatest value of BES10 is MDM, the ability to manage BB10 and other BB OS, iOS, and Android devices.

I'm anxious to see if and when the Cloud service would support such features, and how far it can go on managing non-BB devices as a true MDM solution over the Cloud.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mchicago

Has anyone raised this with MS?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JonathanWee

I actually contacted MS O365 support on the issue first.

They said this is a service provided by RIM BB and they are responsible for the service and support.

Which is actually true. When clicking on the BBCS "Manage" link on O365 portal, it redirects to businesscloud.blackberry.com domain's webserver console.

I suppose RIM's BBCS team would know if and when it will be upgraded. 

Please use plain text.