Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

New Contributor
My Device: Bold and Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Best practices for multiple accounts on a single device

We have three companies in our organization and a number of people have email accounts in each of those companies. We're moving our mail to Office 365 Exchange and we're looking to use the Blackberry Business Cloud Services to manage our devices and the accounts on them. We have successfully set up multiple domains within our Office 365 Exchange account and everything works as we'd expect (Outlook, web mail, iPads, etc) with the exception of Blackberry.  We're looking to have the standard functionality for mail (including sent messages sync'd between desktop and mobile devices), calendars and contacts. Activating the device with the primary mail account a user is assigned to appears to work 100% but a second or third account cannot be added using Enterprise Activation (without unsupported workarounds) unless we use normal internet mail account configuration.  Is there a defined best practice for having multiple, fully-functional accounts on a single Blackberry device? 
My Device: .

Re: Best practices for multiple accounts on a single device

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you for your questions. Our partner, Microsoft is best suited to assist you regarding Microsoft Exchange issues and can provide you with additional information and support at the following sites:

Forums:
http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

Blogs:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/b/default.aspx

Wikis:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/default.aspx

ChadB
Community Moderator
New Contributor

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your reply but I think this relates more to activating those accounts from our Microsoft subscription on your devices. You can only do one enterprise activation but I have a requirement for keeping three accounts sync'd. I can't imagine our companies are the first ones to attempt to do this, what is the best way to solve this problem? 

Thanks again.

My Device: bold 3360
My Carrier: 447827361109

Hi

can you tell me if you ever managed to resolve this issue?

many thanks

New Contributor

Yeah, switched to iPhone.

Maybe the newest OS supports it, but at the time when we were trying to do this it wasn't supported and not possible without workarounds.

My Device: bold 3360
My Carrier: 447827361109

thanks, looks as though my client is about to do the same - they are not happy with their Blackberry's for second and third accounts.

BB keep refering us to MS ans MS refer us to BB!\

New Contributor

Yeah, that's the exact experience we had. At no point did support on either side say, "Let's see what we can do to help." You have to hope that BB10 has this handled because from what I can tell, it's a problem for a LOT of people.

Good luck.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

one BES account to one device on BBOS 5,6,7 or BB10

BB10 can use active sync to multi accounts

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I can't believe someone just responded to this two year old post - or that it's STILL an issue! 

ActiveSync may solve the problem for someone with BB10 but based on the requirements for it, I don't know if it would work with Office 365. 

Meanwhile, my iPhone has never had any issues keeping multiple mail and calendar accounts fully and properly syncd.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES was never designed to have multiple email accounts on a single device.

Your iphone can only have one BES account as well aka Work Space on BES 10.

Most of todays Active Sync devices can sync multiple accounts and has nothing to do with BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V