Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

New Contributor
soto2k04
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Enterprise Activation Does NOT Work with BB Cloud Service

RIM,

Do you guys have any clue as to why we are dealing with this issue?  I find your lack of follow-up disturbing.  Please respond.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Enterprise Activation Does NOT Work with BB Cloud Service

Just FYI:

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

If you a technical support issue, call your mobile provider. Any issue they cannot resolve, ask to have it escalated up to RIM level tech support.'

Or, alternatively, ask here. There are many very knowledgeable users here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo
My Device: Not Specified

Long time Joey!

I understand the community forum and we all appreciate what the volunteers do.

However, this is where RIM directs people for support for BBCS, yet how many people have a great understanding about supporting BBCS? Sure, I know the data flow and what limited features it has from the two BES 5 servers I also admin, but I'm at a loss with BBSC. I have many places to go for help with the physical BES, but currently am on an island with others. 

I entered a support incident a month ago through our BTSC account about a duplicate email issue and have never heard a peep. The lack of information on BBCS makes me furious. I am in the same boat with too many questions and nobody on this forum with answers. Documentation is extremely basic for a product that was beta for some time. For the number of times I've taken BB beta exams on new products and versions, the documentation for BBCS is poor at best. There is nothing that contains any real troubleshooting information.

I've had no issues activating until today. Where can I go to see where there are issues in the cloud? Apparently nowhere. Microsoft's dashboard says all systems are go. The devices sent the ETP.DAT file to the mailbox, but ut's sitting there and I have no idea how to determine where the issue lies. The devices time out and I can't look into any logs to get a clue about anything.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Hey man, I know you ! lol

My comments above were to let the individual know that "he's probably not saying anything that RIM will hear", because this is a user-to-user to forum, we're users just like him.

If you, on the other hand, have a paid support contract with RIM that includes BBCS, I sure wouldn't stand for a month-long waiting period for support.

But I do understand there are very few users that are knowledgeable on BBCS. I can ask a friend to take a look over here... but they'd need specific threads (like your issue) posted. They won't answer general "RIM won't support us" posts like the one above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

[ Edited ]

I understand. I could relate to the other user's frustration and lack of information or help for BBCS. You are so right about the lack of details. That is one of my own pet peeves where I work.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remove all etp dat files from mailbox and try again after a battery pull

EA will only work on a BES dataplan

For BIS you use a wiped device or the app in app world.

BIS or BES should work with webdesktop manager for a wired activation.

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

Sign up for free to the BlackBerry Expert Support Center. If you dont have a SRP you can get a free one from a BES 5 Express download.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

Yes, all good recommendations Knotty, but we are way beyond that level.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
soto2k04
My Device: Bold 9650

Thanks J Sanders for the reprimand.  For some strange reason, I thought SOMEBODY from RIM would be scouring these boards on support.BLACKBERRY.com.  I am sorry if I offended you. 

Please use plain text.