Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Enterprise Activation tips

EA will only work on a BES dataplan

For BIS you use a wiped device or the app in app world.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/33609/

BIS or BES should work with webdesktop manager for a wired activation.

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

Sign up for free to the BlackBerry Expert Support Center. If you dont have a SRP you can get a free one from a BES 5 Express download.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the Enterprise Activation process

Existing calendar appointments from Exchange mailbox are missing after device activation

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brovig
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Enterprise Activation tips

In your posting about Enterprise Activation tips you say that one can get a complimentary SRP ID (which is a requirement to sign up for BB Expert Support Center) "from a BES 5 Express download".

What is BES 5 Express? And where do i find it?!

Thank you for your trouble.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Enterprise Activation tips

It is a free BES server. Get one here. http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/besx/overview.html?displaychannelpage=desktop

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.