Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Enterprise activation readiness question

Hello all,

I am trying to check readiness of one of our BlackBerry smartphones for enterprise activation using enterprise activation readiness tool available through BESC. After choosing BES Express as server type, entering BlackBerry Device Information (PIN) and clicking "Next", i receive message "No device found".

Does anyone know what the problem is? Can it be related with provider not activating BlackBerry data plan?

Thanks, MSMMSM

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

Re: Enterprise activation readiness question

Have you checked with the carrier that a Blackberry Data Plan is active? 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I did, right before I wrote my question. BlackBerry data plan is not active yet, but since I don't know how "Enterprise activation readiness" tool functions, I wanted to check it through these forums (that's why I asked if it can be related to data plan). We've been waiting for data plan activation for two days now, and since we are very near planned production date for our BES Express, I'd like to be ready when provider does it's job. If "No device" means that device is not registered with some location unknown to us because provider did not activated it, than it's OK by us. But if the reason for "no device" could be on our side, I would like to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

The Blackberry will register on the network and with RIMs servers once the data plan is active. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, we'll wait until data plan is activated and then we'll try again ... I just hope that this "no device found" is only related to data plan not being active... I will report back with more info later ...

Thanks

Contributor

After data plan was activated, "No device found" message was gone, and Enterprise activation readiness was completed without problems.

Thanks again.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V