Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Has anyone got the BBCS CSV import option to work for creating users?

Hi, I'm trying to import users into the BBCS for Office 365 and I keep getting this error:

The import file validation failed on column header. Please correct the data.

My CSV looks like:

"Email Address","Group Names","Activation Password Operation","Activation Password","Activation Password Expiry"
"user.last@domain.com","-","specify","bb","48"

which appears to be correct according to this:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/help/34731/Fields_in_the_csv_file_with_user_acct_info_BBCS_18015...

I've tried just going with Email Addresses and Group Names in the header row, but still get the same error.

Just curious if anyone has gotten this to work, and if so, if you have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Chad

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Has anyone got the BBCS CSV import option to work for creating users?

Just came here looking for help as well, but figured it out. I'm only using Email address and Group Names as well. Mine worked without the "" around the headers or the records. Group names were touchy, so make sure they are exact capitalization format. I had issues with a couple of users because their email address had changed at some point, so the exported records from the on-prem BES were not the current primary email address in the GAL.