Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Enterprise Activation

New Contributor
b2373
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange CH

Wired Activation problem: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer

Hello, I enabled the Blackberry Cloud services on Office 365 Enterprise Plan; I tried to associate my bb device (bold 9900) connected to my pc via usb cable via administrator console but when I select my device and I try to associate to it a user, I receive a red message in top of page:The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer. The bb is working fine and there is already a bis private account configured on it. if i go on "device properties" I can access my bb configuration data without any problem. I also tried to associate another bb just wiped but the error message is the same. Any idea?

Best regards.

Paolo

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
a12472
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

Re: Wired Activation problem: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer

Hi Sir

Have you solved this matter?

I got this matter this week, but we have no idea about, and it seems the RIM can't solve it.

Kind Regards

Martin Ma

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brutalraw
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Wired Activation problem: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to retrieve specific device attributes from the device that is connected to your computer

Same Problem ,

I Have BB Business cloud with about 20 Different customer's and they all have this same issue sometime's it works 1 time in 100 even with device's fresh out the box never used before.

Have searched the internet for hours but no solution for it from what i can find.

RIM have suffered from this same issue since BAS 5.0.1 right through to the latest version and on this new CLoud based system , but they never seem to offer any helpful advice on how to fix it.

I also have problem's on the majority of user's where the ActiveX control that allows your to Active over a USB wire simply doesnt appear at all. adding the site to trusted site's etc doesnt help either.

wish RIM would just make a plugin for there crappy Software that works with Chrome/Mozilla Firefox already.

if anyone finds the answer to this it would be greatly appreciated if you can share this with the forum's because I have never had any success with RIM getting this problem resolved for over 3 years now.

Currently Playing Co-op in Reality : Sure the Gameplay Suck's but the Graphics are AWESOME!
Please use plain text.