Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Bbhereq
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

Activation required - continual message

Hi, I require help. We have a blackberry in the organisation that 3 or 4 times a day requires,activation on the o2email.co.uk website. We have deduced that the problem lies with outlook 2011 for Mac, which this particular user has. I have stopped him using his mac and we have not needed to activate. We have an exchange 2008 / 2010 server. I have created the user a new profile, but this hasn't worked. I also put another profile on the bb that is not accessed via a mac, and this DOES NOT require activation ever. Does anyone have any bright ideas?
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Activation required - continual message

Hey Bbhereq,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry smartphone should have no effect on the Outlook as we sync with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook is just a graphical utility that represents what is on Microsoft Exchange.

In order for us to have a better idea of the situation we have a couple questions:

1. What kind of BlackBerry smartphone do they have?

2. What sort of email account is this, pop, imap, ActiveSync or BES10 - BDS 3?

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks. 

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Bbhereq
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

Re: Activation required - continual message

Hi, its a bold 990, although i dont think this is the issue. It is an exchange account, we are running Exchange 2010. I have been delving further and it seems its something to do with EWS. We have recently connected MACs to the system and these are cutting out the Blackberries. I have banned the macs for a couple of weeks and we havnt had any more problems. Have you experienced this before?