Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
muratime
My Carrier: Etisalat

After Google Sync service is off, separate sync functioning

[ Edited ]

As you know Google Sync service is off.

I have 2 email accounts in my BB Bold 9900. One is enterprise desktop email, other one is personal Gmail.

When Google Sync service was on, my BB was perfectly synchronizing my enterprise desktop contacts with my Gmail account contacts.

After the service stop, as per advices from forums, I re-setup the Gmail account in mm BB by 'enabling' the contacts and calendar synchronization, hoping everything will continue as same.

However I ended up 2 separate contact list in my BB.

One is Desktop (which us currently wireless sync with my Lotus Notes as for company)

Other one is my gmail email address names, same contact list which is retrieved from my Gmail contacts account.

(My BB shows duplicate contacts naturally, I can select only one address book to see single contacts but this doesn't solve my problem)

It seems both address books sync separately.

My desktop synchronizes with my Lotus notes and gmail address contact list synchronizes with my gmail contacts.

Since I want only ONE contact list which synchronize with both my Desktop and Gmail accounts (like before when Gmail Sync service was on).

What shall I do???

Any advice? Pls help...

Thanks, Murat

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: After Google Sync service is off, separate sync functioning

Hi muratime,

Check the below KB article -

• KB19271 How to disable Google Mail contact synchronization

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muratime

Tanzim,
Your reply has no connection with my question!
I wrote a long email and you came up with this?
Where did you bring up I want to disable my gmail sync??
I want to sync my gmail contacts with my desktop contacts with having single address book in my BB. As it was being done when Google Sync service was on.

Pls reply the ones who understand the problem and has some answer.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

muratime wrote:
Tanzim,
Your reply has no connection with my question!
I wrote a long email and you came up with this?
Where did you bring up I want to disable my gmail sync??
I want to sync my gmail contacts with my desktop contacts with having single address book in my BB. As it was being done when Google Sync service was on.

Pls reply the ones who understand the problem and has some answer.

This is NOT POSSIBLE in BlackBerry smartphone. If you sync different contact list in your phone you'll have two different list and they both will appear in contact apps.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Hello muratime,

if you want to keep the three address books synchronized (Blackberry, GMail, Lotus), the easiest way for you is to find a Lotus addon that is compatible with the CardDAV protocol, and then you will be able to have a synchronization method between Lotus and GMail, just like when the Google Sync tool was still allowed by Google.

I would like to add that you have been very rude to tanzim, who I guess was not happy to have spent a few minutes of his own life to help you. He's not paid to do that you know, help people he doesn't know.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muratime

Xanders,

your solution is not possible for me. Lotus notes is on company notebook and we are not allowed to add add-ons into Lotus notes without IT authorization... they do not spend time for personal problems and I wouldn't ask, due to gmail on my company BB is not a must...

referring to your judgement about I am being VERY RUDE to tanzim..

First of all, money is not the only motivation for being active in some place...

I don't know his motives to write here such emails...

Personally if I want to help somebody, at least I show some respect to READ his problem! and give few seconds to understand what could be the problem...

If he doesn't bother himself to do this, I can live with you judgement.

and I would question his motives trying to help people. Maybe he wants to add more star to the 2 stars next to his name

i didn't use any bad word to him, and I accept I was not really polite, however if in future is he will start to read emails and give some respect to understand their problems, I can live with it...

Moreover, Tanzim's 2. mail, which I saw now, CLAIMING that there is no solution to my problem... running after the 3rd star by full speed! :smileyhappy:

Also your motive here was not trying to help me, trying to be a star for a un-resolved problem, in the meantime it would give you opprutunity to say some rude words to me.. you wouldn't lose this chance :smileyhappy: right guy in the forum... shall thank you for this attitude?

at least i am only sincere person here, yes, a bit rude I guess...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Muratime,

tanzim's reply is a solution, and mine too, even if it does not comply with your high requirements.

It is not tanzim's fault or mine if your email provider has decided to stop a tool you were used too. And even if the answer does not suit you, it does not mean that your post was not read entirely. It simply means it is the best answer found by tanzim.

That being said, remember that you are here to get help. Tanzim and I are here to help people, not being treated like slaves or objects. How can such an attitude be explained?

You are the one needing help. tanzim and I are not needing you to get yet another post.

If you had been courteous at first, or if you had replied differently, then I could have told you about some other possibilities that "look like" what you are looking for, but hey, to be honest, my motivation has withered.

So now what?
Well, nothing.

Good luck to you muratime.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muratime

Xandrex,

I seriously think you are high or on drugs while writing to me.
On behalf of me you claim tanzim's was a solution and yours is too...
Either you has disability to understand facts or as I said some other reasons...

For me tanzim's first email is nothing deifferent than a link to cook a spagetti sauce related to my issue.
Second email, he is finally reading my problem and he is claiming there is NO solution to my problem.
And yet you claim best answer found by tanzim.. :smileyhappy:)

Then you again claim, the answer did not suit me it doesn't mean my post was not entirely.. If you look at his first reply... YES it ABSOLUTELY meand he doens't bother himself to read my problem and throwed some solution link by his own assumptions only. If somebody is seeking a solution, yes I can call this is unrespectful behaviour. And yes people can give their judgments about your drama and my facts...

Secondly your is not a solution to me, and yet, I can not even check it.. However I wouldn't give you similar reply, since it is obvious you read my email but I assume simply your lack of knowledge leads you to think yours is a solution.. And your arrogance is blaming the nature of my problem.

Why not trying if you don't know the solution being silent and don;t make crowd here and let other people to put their opinions just like you did.. without making any judgement like I found your solution and tanzim also found.. by the way how come both you found solution to me, when none of them works.. tanzim's is out of evaluation any way..

Also now I believe, you are not trying to help people, you are making kind of self satisfaction.. as a evidence you re trying to dictate me that you both you found solutions to me..

There is phrase, I rather prefer smart enemy to stupid friend..
So thanks for your helps, ut let this area free. don;t make crowd so somebody can come up with a solution maybe..

And I repeat my case:
As being one of company phone user, I want to have a single contact book, which wirelessly sync my BB, lotus notes and also my gmail...
Don;t tell me this is not possible.. it was just possible when Google's sync service was on... and it is still on for other phone users, they just disabled this option for BB and now I lost this function...

So here is problem, you be silent, let others speak. don't jump like soluiton is 'there is no solution' or disable Google sync bla bla..

And good luck to you too on your way...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

oh I do not need luck. You do.
Remember you're the one having the issue.
No one loses here more than you.

Good luck to you, to find someone with both the knowledge, and the will to help someone with your attitude.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muratime

[ Edited ]

It is okay if nobody reply...
And I still believe I gave the most polite answer to a person who doesn't bother himself to read the problem but share sompletely unrelated link...
And you...
Your unnecessary talks and direct blaming judgments made me dig the tanzim here..

Me and tanzim was perfectly fine actually, he replied to me, because he knew what he did, and since he didn't take my first reply as rude as you took... and beauce of your involvment and judgement, you even made the water cloud more than what it is..

If I would be tanzim, I would prefer smart enemy like me rather than drama queen friend like You..

you know why, we know what we are, we can proceed.. (actually we did it too)
But you stuck! you made this thread stuck, because you blamed me being rude, completely one sided, without being fair to your friend tanzim's attitude.. as I said, even tanzim was fine with that, since I didn't use anything unrespectful.. but nothing different than his attitude to my problem...

so you need help... to able to see things in correct way..

Please use plain text.