Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
VRaj
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Application Memory

I got a warning that application memory was low so deleted a couple of applications.  However, after re-starting, the memory available was much larger than expected.  The increase was more than the memory occupied by the applications I had deleted.

After this, I found that whenever I restart (I shut down completely and remove battery), there is increase in memory available as compared to before the restart.

I am not sure what is using up the memory, is there any setting I need to change to ensure memory does not get blocked?  I regularly use the memory cleaner and browsing data.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Application Memory

Your phone is a sophisticated computer rather than just a phone.  As such, memory leaks will occur almost constantly.  This is normal.

To correct this situation, continue to do battery pulls such as you have already.  A correct battery pull is when you remove your battery while your phone is powered on then you replace it.  Do not power down your phone first, leave it on.  Doing this on a regular basis i.e. once a week, for example, will keep your phone in top shape.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
VRaj
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Curve 9300

Re: Application Memory

Thanks Bill.  I do realise that my phone is like a computer and given my experience with computers running windows which gives errors when it is powered off without safe disconnect or shutdown, I used to power off the phone before pulling the battery.

I backup my phone regularly, but I am sure there will be no issues with the battery pull.  I will do as you have adviced.

Have a great weekend :-)