Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
joemell
My Device: BB Bold 9900

BB ID...Cannot recover password

I am (obviously) a blackberry newbie, so pardon my ignorance.

I cannot remember my BB ID password.  My BB ID username was set up as an "@carrier.blackberry.net".  So when I go to the forgot password link, it emails the password to the above email, which cannot be accessed from a computer, as is a Blackberry email. 

PLEASE HELP.  I would rather not have to create a whole new BB ID, unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB ID...Cannot recover password

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can forward your "carrier.blackberry.net" email to an email account with a physical mailbox, like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. You can then access the information on your PC.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry Identity password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

"To add an additional security layer to the BlackBerry® Identity (BBID) password reset process the reset email generated is not delivered to the BlackBerry smartphone. 
This is designed to prevent unauthorized access to the password reset email for cases where the
BlackBerry smartphone may be lost or stolen."

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemell

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I apologize, but I forgot to mention that I had reset my Blackberry Bold 9900 to factory settings to try to resolve a touchscreen issue.  So when I go into SETUP--EMAIL ACCOUNTS on the phone, it asks me for by BB ID.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

joemell wrote:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I apologize, but I forgot to mention that I had reset my Blackberry Bold 9900 to factory settings to try to resolve a touchscreen issue.  So when I go into SETUP--EMAIL ACCOUNTS on the phone, it asks me for by BB ID.

Hi,

"Access your BlackBerry® Internet Service account from the device or from the carrier’s website."  

If you access the BIS site via PC you won't need your device. Your carrier is Rogers so your BIS site is: Rogers BIS website

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemell

Thank you once again.

I went there, typed in my username, went to forgot password, entered my device PIN, and it sent me a message on the device that was supposed to contain the password, BUT IT WAS BLANK!

I seem to be having alot of bad luck with this today.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi,

joemell wrote:

Thank you once again.

I went there, typed in my username, went to forgot password, entered my device PIN, and it sent me a message on the device that was supposed to contain the password, BUT IT WAS BLANK!

I seem to be having alot of bad luck with this today.

Just so I'm clear::Wacko:

You have forgotten the passwords for the Blackberry ID and the Blackberry Internet Service?

When you request the password for the BIS login it is sent via PIN message to your device

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB03782 How to obtain a forgotten BlackBerry Internet Service user name and password

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemell

That is correct.

the BIS loginwas sent via PIN message to my device.  I have never accessed it before I tried today.

And yes, I have forgotten my BlackBerry ID password.

I am sorry this is so confusing.  I am coming from an Android device, and before that, just a normal smartphone. This whole Blackberry thing is new to me.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

I am coming from an Android device, and before that, just a normal smartphone. This whole Blackberry thing is new to me.

Hi joemell,

"This whole Blackberry thing is new to me."  Out of the darkness into the light, right? :smileyvery-happy:

You'll need to contact Rogers to get your BIS account info straight.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemell

I will definitely call them tomorrow.  And I will post back here with the results.

Once again (again), thank you ever so much for being so patient with me.  I

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joemell

I spoke to 4 people at ROGERS Tech support.  The last one deleted my @rogers.blackberry.net email account, while at the same time granting me access to the BIS Admin site.  To reclaim that email address, I have to escalate to their 2nd level tech support, to escalate to RIM themselves.

Please use plain text.