Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
GavinW1992
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Crve 3G

****.BBB Files No Longer ****.IPD Files

I dont know if you all know blackberry have decided to change there file format for when you do a back up of you device. the file has changed from IPD to a BBB file.. what is all this about??.. i am trying to gain acces to a back up file of  mine in the format of .BBB and cant seem to open it. i have used many of the programs that i can find for free but cant seem to get anywhere with it. there is something about copying the file and changing it to a .Zip file. it says there should be a .IDP file in it. i have looked and not found nothing..

the programs i have tried to use are

MagicBerry- has the option of the BBB file but didnt seem to want to look at it.

BlackBerryBackUpExtractor- Not free i dont like it and am not paying for it either.

There should be somthing ot there that we can get for free from blackberry for free to use as we pay a hell of a lot of money for the phones.

Is there a program that is out there that is compleatly free for me to open these files WITHOUT having TO PAY....

Plz comment if you know of any thanks :smileyhappy:

Gavin

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: ****.BBB Files No Longer ****.IPD Files

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As far as I recall, the existence of the IPD file within the BBB file (after renaming BBB to ZIP) was limited to the MAC Desktop Software only. From what I see on PC, the contents of the BBB file (after renaming to ZIP) include the actual data rather than yet another file (e.g., the IPD) that then contains the data. Hence, you need an app that can extract that data (from the DAT files) and present it to you in a usable format.

I've not actually tried, but I'm surprised you had poor results with MagicBerry...I'd heard that they'd updated their version to properly read the new BBB format. But, as I said, I've not actually tried myself...no need, since the "master" of my data is in Outlook anyway.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
rapanui21
My Device: Curve 8310

GavinW1992: I have written a macro which inputs a bbb file and extracts the primary IPDs from it. Please send me a private message if you are interested. Mike
New Contributor
Paul_99
My Device: Touch

Mike,

I'm interested in the macro. Could you send it to me ?

Regards,

Paul

Regular Contributor
rapanui21

Paul: Macro and documentation are on my website at https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract . Mike
New Contributor
Paul_99
My Device: Touch

Thank you !

sbrown0007
My Device: Blackberry Curve

I would appreciate any help or advice you might have. I am trying to access my backup file so I can read my memos. The file type is not supported by anything that I can find.

Steve

Regular Contributor
rapanui21

Steve: Check the private message I have sent you. Mike (rapanui21)
Gastro
My Device: 9360 Curve

Mike

I would be more than interested

Mike S.
Regular Contributor
rapanui21

To: Mike S. ..... Check your private message. I just sent you one. Mike W...