Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Gastro
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: ****.BBB Files No Longer ****.IPD Files

Many Thanks, I'll try it in the morning and let you know!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lauchakchng
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: china unicom

As far as I recall, the existence of the IPD file within the BBB file (after renaming BBB to ZIP) was limited to the MAC Desktop Software only. From what I see on PC, the contents of the BBB file (after renaming to ZIP) include the actual data rather than yet another file (e.g., the IPD) that then contains the data. Hence, you need an app that can extract that data (from the DAT files) and present it to you in a usable format.

i have done the exact thing , i searched the google to find the solution ,i haven't noticed it is limited to the MAC Desktop Software only, 

you need an app that can extract that data (from the DAT files) and present it to you in a usable format.

what kind of app ,please show me !!!

thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rapanui21
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Run my IPD bbb Extract macro located at https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract . Mike
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhomchie
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Globe

I've tried to extract it using said excel file. No database folder. I only see Archive, manifest.xml, pkginfo and temp.zip.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rapanui21
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

To: dhomchie: I see where your device is a Q10. The bbb backup files from OS 10 are entirely different from previous bbb files. My macros will not work with backup files from OS 10. In my research, I have found that the OS 10 backup files are encrypted at the system level and the encryption key is not accessible by the owner of the data (you). If you have any further questions for me, please send me a private message on this forum. Regards, Mike
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhomchie
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Globe

Therefore, as of now there is nothing I can do extract it or view my data. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.