Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
degonei
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: BIS OTA Contact Sync Issue

[ Edited ]

Still no dice. Everything happens just like in the OP when I validade the sync. It syncs calendar and I get stuck with the completed activation icon.

Something is stuck, and I think I don't really have any contact sync service books here. Can you check what yours read?

I wouls be so glad if somebody from RIM would actually come and say something...

Diego Nei
Bold 9780 / BlackBerry Playbook
Please use plain text.
Contributor
technomensch
My Device: Bold 9800

That's odd. Everything that I've documented i got from their Knowledgebase and should've almost guaranteed resetting of the service books from scratch.

I'm guessing as a last resort, you tried to do an entire device security wipe and start completely from scratch (ie- not restoring any backups).

This means making sure all your contacts are either on your desktop or the webmail services. Same with calendars.

And you can redownload your apps.

WAIT- did you say you're trying to do BOTH Google Sync AND Yahoo sync? You can't. It has to be one or the other.

If need contacts from Yahoo in Google, and vice-versa, use Soocial.com to combine them.
Marc K.
Twitter: @technomensch
http://stayinginsync.info
Please use plain text.
Contributor
degonei

[ Edited ]

That's odd. Everything that I've documented i got from their Knowledgebase and should've almost guaranteed resetting of the service books from scratch.

>>> Odd indeed it is, sir.

I'm guessing as a last resort, you tried to do an entire device security wipe and start completely from scratch (ie- not restoring any backups).

>>> Not really last since it is not the 1st time... but I thought your steps + a wipe could do it...

This means making sure all your contacts are either on your desktop or the webmail services. Same with calendars.

>>> Everything is perfectly fine in my gmail account yes.

WAIT- did you say you're trying to do BOTH Google Sync AND Yahoo sync? You can't. It has to be one or the other.

>>> Calm down. I did try with both gmail and yahoo. Just not both at once.

Diego Nei
Please use plain text.
Contributor
technomensch

Then other than the full security wipe and starting from scratch, I got nothing. Sorry.
Marc K.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
degonei

In one one of the earlier posts, I asked you to ckeck your service books and see if you had anything else but CICAL and CMIME for your email accounts. I am almost sure I should have one more service book there (the one responsible for the contacts).

Diego Nei
Please use plain text.
Contributor
technomensch

@gmail [SYNC]
@gmail [CMIME]
@gmail [CICAL]
Facebook [CICAL]
@att.blackberry.com [CMIME]
@att.blackberry.com [CICAL]
Marc K.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
degonei

[ Edited ]

Many thanks!

I was right, no matter what I do the "@gmail [SYNC]" does not show up.

So, desperate times calls for desperate measure. Got my 8520, activated it, hooked up to BIS. Guess what: Both contacts and calendar sync'ed as they should.

@gmail [SYNC] service book is also present.

Here is what I'll try: Enabling Legacy service books, backing them up and then "injecting" them into the 9780. EDIT: Yep, this worked. Validating and trying to sync. Fingers crossed.

Let's see what happens.

EDIT: Well... Either I go back to the 8520 or I accept the 9780 is broken for good. Nice.

Diego Nei
Please use plain text.
Contributor
degonei

Go figure, using RIM's home-baked official OS, I can't get the function to work... But enters raikkohad and his unofficial, usupported, cod-frankenstein hybrids... And I have my contact sync back.

Seriously? o.0
Diego Nei
Please use plain text.