Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
alphaAAA
My Device: Not Specified

BLACKBERRY MESSENGER

Hi. I am having a problem with BB Messenger. My friend and I can "invite" each other, and that works fine. She moves from "pendin" to "contacts." I am then able toreceive her messages, and I receive them, however when I types back, she doesnt receive anything. What shows up on my phone is the icon that the contact status is "Contact is unreachable". I can keep receiving her messages, but she cannot receive anything back.. But I just cannot get BB messenger to work with this one person. it has always worked fine previously between us and we bbm alot but it just suddenly stopped. I am having no problems with anyone else, and neither is she. Any suggestions?????

we have tried all of te obvious thing such as rebooting, changing from avaialble to unavailable to available again.... on her phone it says contact is busy and on mine it says contact is unreachable.... i am concerned that the problem is no longer with the phones but maybe stuck with our email addresses??! however, we can email between one another find on the blackberry...... would appreciate your suggestions.....

thanks

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLACKBERRY MESSENGER

I would suggest doing this, in order:

1. Each of you delete each other from the other's BBM contact list.

2. Make sure any existing conversation is closed or deleted. Check any group conversations with other users as well to make sure either of you are not in the convo with the other.

3. Pull the battery on each device and reboot.

4. Confirm, neither of you are listed in the other's BBM contact list.

5. ONE of you invite the other back as a BBM Contact, via PIN, not the email address. The inviter will need to know the invitees PIN.

6. Other accepts and you chat. What happens?

Are either of you on a corporate BES plan?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
alphaAAA

hey, thanks for the msg. we tried this but still no joy.... however, i am on a corporate BES plan..... any other thoughts or a reason as to why this would happen?! thanks!
JSanders

I'm betting something changed on your BES IT Policy, my first guess, since your device is not sending the other user your status updates or availibility nor messages.

If yours does work with others OFF your BES, then I don't know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
alphaAAA

hey thanks again; will look into this. its just very bizarre! do you think it could work if one of us changed our blackberry handsets but still used the same email address? i assume the new phone would automatically have a new pin? cheers
JSanders

The new phone will have a new PIN.

I have friends who change BB units constant--and it if it works right, your contacts in BBM should be updated with the new users PIN, IF they use the switch device wizard in Desktop Manager to up move from the old device to the new.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
nanabello

Hi I'm having the same problem with several of my contacts, which by the way are the ones in another country, i live in Spain they live in Venezuela, I Have done every thing I can think of we have both deleted each other several times... tried adding each other with PIN and by e-mail and nothing!!!

We used to talk with out problems till two weeks ago... now i the one who receives the info but who´s contacts dont recive the info....

when I write I get the check mark next to my message but never get the "D" or "R" of delivered or receive! this contacts appear en intelic letters. we have already checked our status... dont know what else to do!!

please help!! jajajaa